Are you secretly wanting anything for Christmas as a gift?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
When I tell family/better half what I want for Xmas for gifts it's typically pretty basic. Clothes, small electronics, etc.

But deep down I am wanting an all-session ticket to the Big 12 tourney. :) But i didn't ask for it so likely won't happen.

Are there things you actually do really want but didn't say it on your Xmas list?

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Best way to get what you really want is to tell nobody and hope they read your mind.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Secretly hoping for either my dad or father in law to give me one of the many rifles/shotguns they have. I bought a 10 gun cabinet on Black Friday and now I need to expand my collection to help fill it. :smile:

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I am wanting my cold/flu to go away before xmas. Earlier than that would be even better. Does that count?

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
OLED TV, Samsung or LG, either is ok. Current price $9000, most electronics websites predict $1500 by 2015.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I am wanting my cold/flu to go away before xmas. Earlier than that would be even better. Does that count?

I got a cold yesterday and it's worsening. Hope it's gone by the weekend. But I still want all session tickets too. :)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I always just say the small stuff or gift cards because everything I want is expensive so it won't be bought.

Of course that leads to (mainly my in-laws) getting creative and buying thingsthey think I will like. I feel like a heartless jerk but seriously I told you what I want/need. If you can't afford it give me the cash you can spend and I will put it towards that.

/Grinch Rant

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I always just say the small stuff or gift cards because everything I want is expensive so it won't be bought.

Of course that leads to (mainly my in-laws) getting creative and buying thingsthey think I will like. I feel like a heartless jerk but seriously I told you what I want/need. If you can't afford it give me the cash you can spend and I will put it towards that.

/Grinch Rant
My in-laws are the same way. They never just give cash/gift cards so I am just stuck trying to think of smaller things that I wouldn't mind instead of the bigger things that I really want. A few years I just took home a bunch of crap because they didn't know what to get me.

My parents, on the other hand, got smart several years ago and just started handing me an envelope with cash inside.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I secretly wanted an Xbox One, so I told my wife I was getting it, and that it could be my gift. And then I bought it. That's how I roll.
I secretly wanted a PS4 so I planted the seed that we should get it for my son and it could just count as my gift as well. Well that's two gifts in 1 box, we'd be crazy not to buy it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The way my wife and I roll is that if one of us need something we get it, and then just post date it to a certain holiday. You need a new TV in July? Ok, but that's your Christmas present. I'm pretty sure something I am currently enjoying was my Christmas 2013 present, given to me circa May 2011.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I secretly wanted a PS4 so I planted the seed that we should get it for my son and it could just count as my gift as well. Well that's two gifts in 1 box, we'd be crazy not to buy it.

I did consider throwing my son in there with me, but then I thought GAMES! So he is getting games, most of which he wants also. :twitcy:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I did consider throwing my son in there with me, but then I thought GAMES! So he is getting games, most of which he wants also. :twitcy:
It's great when they get to the age where they want stuff that's actually cool, I just call that twice as many presents for dad.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm just asking for cash. Going to spend it on a Weber Q for our apartment/tailgating.

My wife got me FIFA 14 and a set of IPA glasses.

Secretly wanting: Mega Millions jackpot

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The way my wife and I roll is that if one of us need something we get it, and then just post date it to a certain holiday. You need a new TV in July? Ok, but that's your Christmas present. I'm pretty sure something I am currently enjoying was my Christmas 2013 present, given to me circa May 2011.

Yup...that pretty much sums us up too.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I feel like I'm at an akward stage, anything under $100 and it's already mine. I feel weird only asking for $200-400 items

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron