Lunardi Bracketology

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I would LOOOOOVE a rematch with UK. Not scared of this UK team unlike the one we played 2 years ago.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It was already posted but who's complaining! I love to see that we could potentially be a 5 seed and maybe even better! :yes:

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Badgers are so overrated, they play Prairie View A&M next, who is 2-8. Only good teams they've played have been Florida, Marquette, and UVA. They have only played 2 road games. Wouldn't be surprised if Iowa and Illinois beat them on their home floors

Iowa will split with Wisc, both winning at home. Wisc is overrated but is still good and very tough to beat at home.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Overall, minor quibble with a few placements in his bracket in the 1 to 3 seed range, no more than one line with most of it. I didn't analyze it much after that.

Iowa State at a 5 seems about right this week, as a snapshot.

As I mentioned in related threads, if ISU held steady with current resume, I foresee 4/5 scenario with a good change both teams are out of region (such as Spokane vs. UK, as in Lunardi's bracket).

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Not sure if this has been shared yet, but Lunardi has us at a 5 seed in his latest bracketology... also means next to nothing this early, but it's nice to see.

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN
+

I know this is December, but let me drink some Kool-Aid and say why that bracket would be amazing.

*Toledo in round one. Enough said.
*Rematch with Kentucky with the Sweet 16 on the line. Tons of national attention in this game.
*Syracuse and their zone defense against Fred's offense? This game would have 200 points scored in it. Let's say we pull it out.
*Michigan State and Villanova would be (in my opinion) the weakest 2/3 pair out of any bracket.

I'd give us a really good shot at Final Four if we got this draw somehow.

And then... a rematch with Ohio State and Aaron Craft in Dallas? Winner to the national championship?

We then proceed to square off against Iowa in the title game :jimlad:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I know this is December, but let me drink some Kool-Aid and say why that bracket would be amazing.

*Rematch with Kentucky with the Sweet 16 on the line. Tons of national attention in this game.
*Syracuse and their zone defense against Fred's offense? This game would have 200 points scored in it. Let's say we pull it out.
*Michigan State and Villanova would be (in my opinion) the weakest 2/3 pair out of any bracket.

And then... a rematch with Ohio State and Aaron Craft in Dallas? Winner to the national championship?

If we're taking the bracket as it's presented, I'll play along. I'd meet you partway.

*Mathcup w/ Kentucky would provide intrigue on second-week Thursday/Friday.

*Disagree on the 2-3. I think the most vulnerable subregion for 2 & 3 is Wisconsin and Wichita State IF Iowa State happened to advance to Elite 8 as a 5 (and assuming all of these 2's and 3's reached the Sweet 16) — I think those are less-daunting draws for an underdog than UConn/Michigan State.

*Fred system might be able to exploit Syracuse style — although we saw some evidence to the contrary when Iowa used a zone. Would we find just as many advantages vs. a team like Louisville in 1-5?

*I see several places with potential bracket explosion (in various rounds). Which is fairly consistent with the actual tournament.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I wouldn't look too far into this bracketology. Kentucky shouldn't be a 4 seed. By the end of the season, I expect these arrogant, selfish, players from Kentucky to be an NIT team.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Overall, minor quibble with a few placements in his bracket in the 1 to 3 seed range, no more than one line with most of it. I didn't analyze it much after that.

Iowa State at a 5 seems about right this week, as a snapshot.

As I mentioned in related threads, if ISU held steady with current resume, I foresee 4/5 scenario with a good change both teams are out of region (such as Spokane vs. UK, as in Lunardi's bracket).

I think its a bit disrepectful, ISU is in first place in the toughest conference in the country. I think a 1 or 2 seed is justified.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan

No way Ohio State would make it out of that bracket.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I wouldn't look too far into this bracketology. Kentucky shouldn't be a 4 seed. By the end of the season, I expect these arrogant, selfish, players from Kentucky to be an NIT team.

Man would I love that!!! and the subsequent head explosions from that pile of **** fan base in Lexington from 2 straight NIT appearances… All with the self proclaimed "college dream teams".

I hope the teams like Kentucky, Kansas, UNC realize that you can have all the talented "boys" on your team to beat ****** teams, but mature men win the tough ones.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I think its a bit disrepectful, ISU is in first place in the toughest conference in the country. I think a 1 or 2 seed is justified.
You do realize that we haven't played Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma or Oklahoma State yet, right? Or any big 12 team for that matter? We aren't in first place in the Big 12. I don't know if Lunardi does his rankings right now based on how he projects the year will go, or if he says "if the season ended today..." but either way we shouldn't be a one or a two. If you go with the "if the season ended today..." system then MAYBE we are a 3 seed but that system doesn't make sense because nobody knows who is conference champions, etc. I think a 5 seed is fair. Anything 4-6 works.