Why did we rush the court ?!

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
I know this was a nail bitter, but really??

We cant be rushing the court like this. Cyclone alley and students really need to act like we have been there before. A win is a win, enjoy it...but lets not rush the court every time ! Come on now peeps!

"I remember my first beer."

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
"Act like you've been there." Why? Why does it matter what we do?

College sports, especially rivalries, are exciting. They're emotional. That's what makes it great. Why not celebrate it?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Since I spend all my time worrying about what other fanbases think, we should never celebrate again. Every celebration might look ridiculous to someone.

Have some dignity. Stand at a rigid position of attention while restraining all emotion. Clap politely and stand in line to go home.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

College sports, especially rivalries, are exciting. They're emotional. That's what makes it great. Why not celebrate it?

I was about to post the same thing. Why try to control your emotions? If you start to become numb to winning big games, what's the point of even watching them?

terryleebr

Apr 10, 2006
Unless someone picks you up and carries you along to rush the floor it isn't your call. If people are excited and want to rush the floor, let them. I suspect the players may even be boosted by it. It is just possible that it is a component of what we call Hilton Magic.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A few years ago at this time we were complaining about the student section, and particularly Cyclone Alley being too subdued. Now we are complaining about their outpouring of excitement.

So let this be a lesson, student section. Be excited, crazy and intimidating, but not too excited, crazy and intimidating.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Presumably because it reinforces the notion that we get super excited to beat big brother and that regardless of national rank we feel inferior to UI and thus rush the court.

I prefer to think that it was our students way of protecting the I-STATE from the chicken head cheerleaders.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Rush it after every win. I mentioned this to some Hawk fans: Don't like it, don't lose to us.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We win a big rivalry game against a rated team, and then spend the next three days berating our fans and team. Isn't that what Jon Miller's cesspool is for?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

We cant be rushing the court like this. Cyclone alley and students really need to act like we have been there before. A win is a win, enjoy it...but lets not rush the court every time ! Come on now peeps!

There is so much FAIL here....

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Presumably because it reinforces the notion that we get super excited to beat big brother and that regardless of national rank we feel inferior to UI and thus rush the court.

I prefer to think that it was our students way of protecting the I-STATE from the chicken head cheerleaders.

If you're excited about something, celebrate it. Don't worry about what other people think. Embrace the fun and **** the haters!

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I was at a Christmas gathering on Saturday and there were b*tt hurt hawk there. They just went on and on about how we rushed the court. My opinion is if it irritates them that much than it was successful. Carry on students, carry on.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This is spot on. Our student section really needs to get longer and add more depth. I really wish we would have made a long run in the NIT last year rather than making the NCAA, then maybe our student section would have "been there before".