Eiite Eight Match Texas vs Neb on now

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
UT letting them hang around second set. Something is fishy about Robinson transferring in to NU for her last year.

Kind of wish we could have been sent to Columbia. That region opened up pretty widely, not that we could have won it.

Stanford totally imploded. They had PSU beat.

It was nice seeing KU end their year the way they did.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Texas sweeps the Corn Hole Reds 3-0 at NE and faces the Badgers on Weds. First year coach at WI (12) should have a low chance of pulling a miracle and beating UT.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Hate NU, and even had to intensify it because they made me pull for Texas. Cook is a win at all costs *****. They left the conference because they couldn't beat UT. There's some karma to that.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
what an incredible season for WI, didn't even make the tournament last year, Final Four this year. Glad to have a surrogate team to watch/cheer for when ISU isn't playing!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Hate NU, and even had to intensify it because they made me pull for Texas. Cook is a win at all costs *****. They left the conference because they couldn't beat UT. There's some karma to that.

I really can not fully justify hating the teams from Nebraskagolia - but I do.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
what an incredible season for WI, didn't even make the tournament last year, Final Four this year. Glad to have a surrogate team to watch/cheer for when ISU isn't playing!

Shows what a coaching change can do - they are a young team with only two Seniors on team (starters) and only two WI players. Most are from IL. Who to cheer for?

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Shows what a coaching change can do - they are a young team with only two Seniors on team (starters) and only two WI players. Most are from IL. Who to cheer for?

well I'm originally from IL, so it's nice to see a lot of great IL players get to play at this level :)

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wisconsin has had a great turnaround, but they benefitted from a great draw that placed Mizzou and Florida as the top 2 seeds in their region. No way are they one of the top four teams - and Stanford and USC are left sitting at home.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Not surprising to see Wisky make it there with the best setter in the country. She is just unbelievable.

I haven't seen her play, but certainly agree that a great setter can make good teams great.

Mizzou had a lot of success because of their setter. She probably just did not have to run her system against high enough caliber teams throughout the season to help them in the tourney.

Nice to have another midwest team like Wisconsin in the final four. However, I read an ESPN article saying that Stanford and USC should have been seeded better than Missouri and Purdue (edit: Florida). Especially after seeing some of their matches yesterday, I'd tend to agree with that.

In other words, Wisconsin has benefitted from the bracket. Sure, they took advantage of it. But they are not a top 4 team in the country, and are going to really have a tough time in the semifinals.

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
... They left the conference because they couldn't beat UT. There's some karma to that.

There is karma in that. Volleyball didn't drive the departure, but no doubt NU VB was happy to put UT behind them. So yes, kind of sweet to have UT sweep them at home in their new place.

Even more sweet, ISU won at least a set against UT in each match this season -- something NU couldn't do.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I heard some of our Cyclone players talk about needing to "compete" better, especially in some post-game comments after losses. There was no be better of an example of that than the Stanford-Penn State match yesterday. When crunch time arrived in the middle of the 5th set, one team stepped up their game, and one did not. And Stanford has talent equal to - or perhaps even better than - Penn State.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I heard some of our Cyclone players talk about needing to "compete" better, especially in some post-game comments after losses. There was no be better of an example of that than the Stanford-Penn State match yesterday. When crunch time arrived in the middle of the 5th set, one team stepped up their game, and one did not. And Stanford has talent equal to - or perhaps even better than - Penn State.

Next year with more experience and the addition of some talented youth, they an compete to a new level.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX

There is karma in that. Volleyball didn't drive the departure, but no doubt NU VB was happy to put UT behind them. So yes, kind of sweet to have UT sweep them at home in their new place.

Even more sweet, ISU won at least a set against UT in each match this season -- something NU couldn't do.

I love that they lost. They ran from Texas and the Big 12 but they cant hide from them forever. I dont care if its volleyball or any other sport, I want Nebraska to lose every single time they compete in anything. That isnt realistic, so I would settle for them losing to Texas in any sport any time they meet.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Nebraska played Texas in Austin early this season, and lost in 5 sets, 15-12 in the fifth. A great match. Nebraska VB is very young - they aren't going anywhere...and I wish they were still in the conference. I'm sure CJL feels the same way.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm sure Nebraska volleyball would much rather be in the Big 12. Only have to beat Texas and occasionally us/one of the Kansas to get the conference title. Big 10 is just loaded and not nearly as good of a chance of winning the conference.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Wisconsin has had a great turnaround, but they benefitted from a great draw that placed Mizzou and Florida as the top 2 seeds in their region. No way are they one of the top four teams - and Stanford and USC are left sitting at home.

The only one to blame for USC not being in the final four is USC. They had Washington on the ropes leading 2-0, and were playing at home. They played poorly in sets 3-4, yet had two match points in set five and couldn't finish. They didn't have to travel at all for the NCAA tourney.