Dear Mr. Miller...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
And you know who I'm talking about...Guess what? Iowa is not the better team or they would have won. I'm tired of hearing from Iowa sports writers that everytime ISU beats Iowa that the better team lost. Let me know when Iowa makes the tourney and let me know when Iowa starts beating Top 25 teams then you can talk about Iowa being a better team, until then they are not. Iowa won last year and it was clear that Iowa st. had the better team last season. Iowa has a very good basketball team, Iowa state's is just better, period. Iowa st. will end up higher in the conference, higher in the rankings, have a better RPI and get a better seed than Iowa this year. So how does this make Iowa a better team again Mr. Miller? It was clear as day last year that Iowa state could make the argument that they were the better team than KU last year as the officials clearly gave both games to KU by nearly every nation pundit who wrote about the game. But you know what? KU was the better team last year, they found a way to win each game and had the better season overall. See how this works??

One more thing, good luck next season without Marble cause the Hawkeyes will have no go to player that can take over a game, not one. Congrats to Iowa for a well played game they will have a very good year.

Iowa state is the better team.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
And to add...Yes Iowa state shot 36 Ft's to Iowa's what 24? or something? Those were fouls and they were fouls. If you ask me I actually think that this was part of Fran's strategy..no not to give ISU 36 ft's necassarily but to be aggressive and put ISU on the line instead of giving up points as he knew ISU was a terrible FT shooting team and it almost worked. Were there calls that were questionable? sure. Were there calls against ISU that were questionable? absolutely..See Kane's second foul that had him sit the last 10 minutes of the 1st half. Even the announcers mentioned that it was a bad call. Bad calls happen though. Great teams find a way to win. Iowa State is great.

IdahoCyclone

Feb 29, 2012
You can make an argument for either team, if Iowa would have won we would be saying the same thing. We lost it, they didn't win it, it resurrects your confidence for your team.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
ISU wins and the rag used the losers pics. Why not Georges schooling dinkleberry? Nope midget ginger gets the main pic and Marble on this inside acting stupid. At least there was a panty shot of the cheerleader in the background.

Rag is good for cleaning up puke and dog ****.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I think Iowa is the better team and wins it neutral and home. That still doesn't mean I don't think ISU has a very good team, because they do... and it doesn't mean I think Iowa is markedly better, because they are not. My respect for Fred Hoiberg as a coach is growing by leaps and bounds. The whole transfer thing is tired...its working quite well and he must be an outstanding leader of men. The future is incredibly bright for the Iowa State basketball program...it's prospects have possibly never been brighter, IMO, given what Fred Hoiberg means to the fanbase and what is capable of doing.

I'd love it if both teams met up again in the Round of 16 or better..that would be awesome.

Great win, congrats and sincere best of luck the rest of the season. I don't want to see KU win it again, or Oklahoma State. You're better than KU is right now.

PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid. It's college basketball, there is home court advantage. It's what makes winning on the road matter and special. I am sort of tired of myself in that department.

Reactions: oldman

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Jon Miller is a typical hok that won't give ISU or any team for that matter credit when they are flat out beaten. What did he say this time? Iowa lost the game instead of ISU winning it? That seems to be the broken record coming from his mouth in the past. I also had some hawk friends trying to tell me the noise in Hilton had nothing to do with Gesell missing those free throws at the end. Yeah sure..

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I also had some hawk friends trying to tell me the noise in Hilton had nothing to do with Gesell missing those free throws at the end. Yeah sure..

I don't know if it did or not, but there isn't a gym louder than Hilton than Iowa will play in this year, if ever.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think Iowa is the better team and wins it neutral and home. That still doesn't mean I don't think ISU has a very good team, because they do... and it doesn't mean I think Iowa is markedly better, because they are not. My respect for Fred Hoiberg as a coach is growing by leaps and bounds. The whole transfer thing is tired...its working quite well and he must be an outstanding leader of men. The future is incredibly bright for the Iowa State basketball program...it's prospects have possibly never been brighter, IMO, given what Fred Hoiberg means to the fanbase and what is capable of doing.

I'd love it if both teams met up again in the Round of 16 or better..that would be awesome.

Great win, congrats and sincere best of luck the rest of the season. I don't want to see KU win it again, or Oklahoma State. You're better than KU is right now.

PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid. It's college basketball, there is home court advantage. It's what makes winning on the road matter and special. I am sort of tired of myself in that department.
You are nuts Jon. ISU is clearly the better team. They were a bit too confident, played poorly while making junior high basketball mistakes, and still beat Iowa. It is understandable that burns you to a degree that has you turning on the PR machine to save face.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Plenty of times I have see us barely beat a team at home and then beat them on the road or a neutral court. Not at all convinced we would necessarily lose to Iowa away from home.

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com
ISU wins and the rag used the losers pics. Why not Georges schooling dinkleberry? Nope midget ginger gets the main pic and Marble on this inside acting stupid. At least there was a panty shot of the cheerleader in the background.

Rag is good for cleaning up puke and dog ****.

Not sure what "Rag" you were looking at it but mine has a big picture of Georges on the front of the sports page schooling midget ginger.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid.

After all of the comments that Iowa fans (yourself included) have made in reference to ISU's infatuation with ref blaming... The past 15 hours or so have been full of sweet, sweet irony.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
After all of the comments that Iowa fans (yourself included) have made in reference to ISU's infatuation with ref blaming... The past 15 hours or so have been full of sweet, sweet irony.

Rightfully so. It's just silly and I've been a whiny little ***** this year for some reason, football too. That's got to stop.

Reactions: CyFan61

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Plenty of times I have see us barely beat a team at home and then beat them on the road or a neutral court. Not at all convinced we would necessarily lose to Iowa away from home.

They're both good teams so nothing would be surprising. I just think the squad I cheer for is better. Shocker, right?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Rightfully so. It's just silly and I've been a whiny little ***** this year for some reason, football too. That's got to stop.

Please, continue being a whiny little *****. That's what you're good at.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006

Your post game write up basically blamed the loss on officiating. Wtf..... Dumb Jon is dumb.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron