***Official Love for Dustin Hogue Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Beast mode. Honey Badger. He pursues rebounds like a rabid wolverine. His motor is relentless. He hits clutch shots.

So glad he's in Cardinal & Gold. The most pleasant surprise of the year. Show him some love, fools!

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dustin had performed very, very well. He just "rips" the ball down on rebounds. Offensive game has been a lot better than I thought.
Glad he chose ISU, he's a beast out there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Beast mode. Honey Badger. He pursues rebounds like a rabid wolverine. His motor is relentless. He hits clutch shots.

So glad he's in Cardinal & Gold. The most pleasant surprise of the year. Give him some love, fools!

Well, we'd probably have about 4 losses right now without him. Enough said.

I don't think some people understand just how crucial he is to our success right now. Several people on here last night were saying at halftime that he was having a bad game. I think he had 9 or 10 rebounds by the half. Without that, we could have been down 20 at the half instead of just 7.

Outside of Niang last night, I think he was the next best guy for us.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
He's showing a toughness and maturity out there. Has his sites set on leading nation in rebounding.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
When you're watching on TV I love how he just pops up from the crowd to snatch rebounds...he seems like he's about 2' higher than everyone else...and he's just such a quick leaper.

He's like one of those great white sharks breaching the surface of the water to grab a seal...how's that for a nick-name? Dustin "Great White Shark Breaching to Grab a Seal" Hogue? I like it...it's catchy...

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
He's great. Love his effort all the time. I think at the end of the year we will have very balanced stats on this team.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When you're watching on TV I love how he just pops up from the crowd to snatch rebounds...he seems like he's about 2' higher than everyone else...and he's just such a quick leaper.

He's like one of those great white sharks breaching the surface of the water to grab a seal...how's that for a nick-name? Dustin "Great White Shark Breaching to Grab a Seal" Hogue? I like it...it's catchy...

Southland-Sharks1.jpg

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

So glad he's in Cardinal & Gold. The most pleasant surprise of the year. Show him some love, fools!

He's just pure awesome to watch. He is a rebounding nightmare with Ejim. Other teams players wake up screaming in the middle of the night to dreams of Houge and Ejim stealing rebounds away from them.