Blum: Cy-Hawk Revival

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Blum's articles are always a must read. I'm glad he's writing for us!

After watching him on the Big 4 matchup from Des Moines, I'm glad his mom lets him write for us, too!

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Yet another well-written article Brent, and great job commenting on the UNI game. I think you have summed up the state of affairs in both programs quite accurately.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Attending the Cy-Hawk games during the McDermott-Lickliter era was similar to attending your cousin's winter choir concert: you felt obligated to be present but there was little emotional investment.

This is so true. Never missed watching one of the games but there was very little smack talk at work or gloating after the game. Bragging about beating a Lickliter team is like bragging that you beat up the smallest kid in the class.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Great article, and spot on. Having players that annoy the **** out of you is what makes rivalries great. Plus both teams being good helps a ton as well.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
"And Fran McCaffery is some weird combo of Dr. Tom Davis' enjoyable playing style, mixed with Bo Pelini's red face and Larry Eustachy's antics. It is strangely fun to watch. "

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Good read but negative points to Blum for putting "Tubthumping" in my head. That's just wrong.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
"And Fran McCaffery is some weird combo of Dr. Tom Davis' enjoyable playing style, mixed with Bo Pelini's red face and Larry Eustachy's antics. It is strangely fun to watch. "

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I enjoyed that, too.

Great article by an always entertaining writer. Can't wait for Friday!