Trevor Hodge vs Darius Lee Campbell

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones4lyfe

May 22, 2013
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I was very excited when Hodge committed last year but it seems there is more general excitement for DLK. Can we discuss the two qbs assuming we continue to run the read option and pistol formations.

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
It's funny with all the talk about Klenakis becoming the OC and then DLC committs right after. To me, DLC looks just like Colin Kaepernick but obviously way skinnier. Could be the perfect QB if in fact Klenakis is hired.

cyclones4lyfe

May 22, 2013
when i watch the high light films i think hodge looks every bit as good as DLK..... maybe im missing something both obviously have alot of improving to do throwing the ball but both can clearly run. TH looks more like a one cut guy i think DLK can make multiple cuts... very shifty

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
It's funny with all the talk about Klenakis becoming the OC and then DLC committs right after. To me, DLC looks just like Colin Kaepernick but obviously way skinnier. Could be the perfect QB if in fact Klenakis is hired.
How can one be skinnier than Colin? Skinny-Arnold-Schwarzenegger--20972.jpg
Hopefully this doesn't upset the appearance-sensitive police from the look-alike thread. From Kaepernick's wiki-page, "Kaepernick achieved most of his accolades in high school as a baseball pitcher and received several scholarship offers in that sport,[SUP][1][/SUP] yet he desperately wanted to play football in college. He was almost 6' 5" as a senior, but he only weighed 170 pounds (77 kg)"

Last edited:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
when i watch the high light films i think hodge looks every bit as good as DLK..... maybe im missing something both obviously have alot of improving to do throwing the ball but both can clearly run. TH looks more like a one cut guy i think DLK can make multiple cuts... very shifty

My thoughts exactly. DLK also looks a bit faster, but that could be illusory because of the competition.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
DLK was a Hawk. Downloadable Content is a Clone.

We won't see him for at least a couple years no matter what happens. He already weighs 20lbs. more than Hodge.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
DLK was a Hawk. Downloadable Content is a Clone.

We won't see him for at least a couple years no matter what happens. He already weighs 20lbs. more than Hodge.
How do you know that?

Hodge was listed at 6'2" 190 by Rivals, so there's no way to know what DLC's size really is. Not until the Fall roster comes out, anyway.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
1.) Grant (for obvious reasons)
2.) Sam (experience)
3.) Joel (watched in HS, powerful arm, power runner)
4.) Hodge (never seen play, heard about switching positions when he committed)
5.) DLC (freshman, they usually redshirt)

i would say say this is the depth chart heading into spring. Although 1-4 could all see the field, and if he's too good to redshirt, 1-5.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Important to note that DLC played against some really high level competition. Those aren't scrubs.

I honestly don't know how good the players Hodge played against were.

Heard some similar comments last year when Hodge signed with Iowa State. Trevor's team had 5 Division I players on it. Do you know of any Iowa high school teams that put out 5 Division I players. His high school (Citrus Hill) has a student enrollment of 2500 students (3 grades). It's a big school.......

Also, Trevor Hodge's head coach, at Citrus Hill, is an ex-NFL player.

Last edited:

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Can we PLEASE stop with the "DLK"? The last portion of his last name begins with a "C." Where this "K" is coming from is beyond me...