Favorite for OC job

ntxcyclone

Nov 16, 2013
Per Trey Scott it looks like coach Klenakis is the most likely to be named OC. How do you feel about that? I'm not exactly thrilled.

ntxcyclone

Nov 16, 2013
If you're on twitter I'd definitely follow him. He has all the recruiting info first.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Per Trey Scott it looks like coach Klenakis is the most likely to be named OC. How do you feel about that? I'm not exactly thrilled.

I still contend that Klenakis took over the playing calling in the second half of the WVU game. I saw him talking to Grant on the sideline twice in the second half.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I personally would prefer Sturdy. Rhoads must be set on having a run-first offense, and I honestly can't say I'm surprised by this.

Also, somebody said if we promote from within we'll only win 3 games next year, so i guess we'll go 3-9 again. :jimlad:

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I still contend that Klenakis took over the playing calling in the second half of the WVU game. I saw him talking to Grant on the sideline twice in the second half.

Yep, I noticed this too. I think he took over.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

Coach K wore a polo out for warmups against Kansas in -39 weather. He doesnt sound like a guy that likes bubble screens. I'm in.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

1. The ******** between rivals and scout will be fun, so I hope this Trey Scott ends up lasting for a while, just for entertainment value.

2. Coach K wouldn't be the most exciting choice for OC, but I think our fans need to realize that Rhoads can't snap his fingers and get anyone to come here.

3. I doubt that K was calling the plays in any game. I tend to trust Blum in that Mess was the only one up in the booth in that last game.

4. Until our offense performs well, there will always be questions about it.

ntxcyclone

Nov 16, 2013
I don't mind a run first spread option attack but then what do we do with Rohach? I grew very frustrated watching him run zone reads.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I find it interesting a QB who was being recruited by K just committed to us, when we don't have an OC.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I don't mind a run first spread option attack but then what do we do with Rohach? I grew very frustrated watching him run zone reads.

If he's the QB adjust the offense so he doesn't run as much. A good OC and average offense should be able to do this.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm not thrilled because we've already gone the 'promote from within' route. Offense has sucked for a long time, we need new blood not just rotating deck chairs.