The Rag Big 4 Draft

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Rick Brown picks 4 hoks and a Drake kid for his dream team? WTF? Melvin only makes one writer's team.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
It was a fantasy draft. Ejim only made one writer's team because he was the #1 overall pick.

Some people get worked up about anything...

FYI, four writers picked teams of five players, for 20 selections total. Cyclones were:

Ejim - #1 overall
Kane - #4
Hogue - #5
Niang - #10
Morris - #13
Thomas - #15
Long - #17

So our entire rotation got drafted and our best played was 1st pick. But let's have a thread to complain about it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Having never seen UNI or Drake play, I can't comment on their players, but if I was drafting a team of ISU and Iowa Marble is the only Iowa player I would definitely draft in the top 5. Ejim, Marble, Kane, Hogue and then either White or Niang. Call me a homer

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Having never seen UNI or Drake play, I can't comment on their players, but if I was drafting a team of ISU and Iowa Marble is the only Iowa player I would definitely draft in the top 5. Ejim, Marble, Kane, Hogue and then either White or Niang. Call me a homer

I'd call you pretty realistic. My only debate would be between white or Niang at number 5 as well.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL

Not bad, but I would take White and Niang over Hogue. I would go Ejim, Kane, Marble, White, Niang and then it would get fuzzy. Hogue would probably be 6th but I haven't watch more than 1 game of Drake and UNI so I can't really say they don't have someone better. Hogue has been a beast but he would be the most offensively limited of the 6 you listed; his value (IMHO) is getting rebounds, playing tough D, and getting some put back and "garbage" points. This is HUGE when you have other offensive options (i.e. Kane, Niang, Thomas, Long) but if he was your #2 option, I am not sure he would be as good as the other 5.

I would take White over Niang as they stand right now, but also note that Niang is a soph and White is a jr. If I took into account how many years of eligibility they have left I would go Niang but I give White the edge straight up right now.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Depends on if you need a guy that can play in the post and shoot a little bit or you need someone that flops around like a carp.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I would start:

PG- Kane
SG- Marble
SF- Ejim
PF- White
C- Niang

My 2nd team:

PG- Morris
SG- Thomas
SF- Uthoff
PF- Hogue
C- Olaseni

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If you're just putting together the top 5 best overall players in terms of talent, then Hogue isn't probably in the top 5. But if you're putting together a team that would actually go play games against other teams, for example the Olympics or something, then I'd put Hogue in my starting 5 for sure.

He is a complete beast on the boards and defensively. You need to have someone like that to do the dirty work to have a complete team IMO.

Marble and White though are the only two in serious contention for a starting 5 spot from Iowa though. Marble for sure probably.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would start:

PG- Kane
SG- Marble
SF- Ejim
PF- White
C- Niang

My 2nd team:

PG- Morris
SG- Thomas
SF- Uthoff
PF- Hogue
C- Olaseni

That's probably about right. Could actually switch White and Hogue depending on if you need offense or defense.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Rick Brown picks 4 hoks and a Drake kid for his dream team? WTF? Melvin only makes one writer's team.

It was a fantasy draft so there's really nothing to be upset about.

That said, Brown being a homer surprises you?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Chad Leistikow:
LOGUE
1. Logue -- Melvin Ejim
8. Logue -- Gary Ricks
9. Logue -- Deon Mitchell
16. Logue -- Chip Rank
17. Logue – Naz Long

LEISTIKOW
2. Leistikow -- Aaron White
7. Leistikow -- Jarrod Uthoff
10. Leistikow -- Georges Niang
15. Leistikow -- Matt Thomas
18. Leistikow – Matt Bohannon

BROWN
3. Brown -- Devyn Marble
6. Brown -- Richard Carter
11. Brown -- Zach McCabe
14. Brown -- Gabe Olaseni
19. Brown – Mike Gesell

PETERSON
4. Peterson -- DeAndre Kane
5. Peterson -- Dustin Hogue
12. Peterson -- Seth Tuttle
13. Peterson -- Monte Morris
20. Peterson – Peter Jok

Richard Carter (?), Uthoff, Gary Ricks (?), Deon Mitchell (?), go before Niang does. Damn. I think they are doing their best to include Drake and UNI.

Did they pick players specifically for these two games this weekend? They don't say so in the opening paragraph.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Carter and Mitchell are really pretty good. I feel bad for Mitchell having to play for a complete offensive **** block of a coach.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Did they pick players specifically for these two games this weekend? They don't say so in the opening paragraph.

I believe that was the intent...

Not directed at you: I'm amazed that in a society with as much fantasy sports as we do that the majority of posters can't figure out that they're essentially picking "who will have the best stats today" and not "who's the better player", which are two totally different conversations. Yet, we always end of the second.

That said, SDW or KJ should've been a top 5 pick, cause they're going to get a lot of shots in half number two today.