2013 CF Bad Parenting of the Year Awards

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'll start off by saying I love my little girl unconditionally. However, there are times where I look back at a scenario and cringe at the inevitable future psychiatric visits that I've caused. I just wanted to hear some other "proud" parenting moments from some of my fellow CF's.

The idea for this thread came to me last night. My daughter wasn't feeling well so we let her fall asleep upstairs in our bed. After about 30 minutes, I throw her over my shoulder and head down to her room. As I round the corner, I quickly realize I didn't allow enough room behind me as I hear my sick little angel's head smack into the door frame. Not hard, but audible.

She mumbles, "Ow mommy" and then lays her head back down. I stifle a laugh, plop her in bed and steal away to my room. Oh, and I never mentioned it to my wife that she took the blame for it.
:smile:

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
That last piece of pumpkin pie that I told my daughter she could have? Yeah, I ate it.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I try to disguise bad parenting as a treat for her. Like, I am super OCD about our tree. All ornaments follow a color theme, and the wrapping paper for all gifts follows that theme. I treasure and love the little ornaments that they make at preschool... but yeah, we got our girl a separate little tiny tree (in pink, her favorite color) where she could put all of those ornaments. I am a terrible parent.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I'll start off by saying I love my little girl unconditionally. However, there are times where I look back at a scenario and cringe at the inevitable future psychiatric visits that I've caused. I just wanted to hear some other "proud" parenting moments from some of my fellow CF's.

The idea for this thread came to me last night. My daughter wasn't feeling well so we let her fall asleep upstairs in our bed. After about 30 minutes, I throw her over my shoulder and head down to her room. As I round the corner, I quickly realize I didn't allow enough room behind me as I hear my sick little angel's head smack into the door frame. Not hard, but audible.

She mumbles, "Ow mommy" and then lays her head back down. I stifle a laugh, plop her in bed and steal away to my room. Oh, and I never mentioned it to my wife that she took the blame for it.
:smile:

I just did this a week or so ago... I got blamed though, and woke him up pretty good so we had to essentially start over at getting him back to sleep.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Here's my story from the last year:

I woke up in the middle of the night to my 2-year old screaming. Not "I just woke up and don't want to be awake" screaming, but screaming like he's hurt. I went into his room and he had been climbing on his chair to pull down a book he needed (in the dark) and slipped and hit his head on the bookshelf. I picked him up and sat in the chair, he pointed to where it hurt, I gave it a kiss and rocked him for a bit and he pretty quickly fell asleep.

I went back to bed for about an hour before I got up to get ready for work. When I got up and went into the bathroom, I noticed I had blood all over me. He'd split his forehead open just above his eye and was bleeding pretty good, but I hadn't noticed since I didn't turn on the light.

So, of course, I took my shower and went to work because there was no way I was waking him up again to clean up the blood. He'd never go back to sleep after that. There was some blood in his bed, but luckily it was mainly on one blanket.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I woke up in the middle of the night to my 2-year old screaming. Not "I just woke up and don't want to be awake" screaming, but screaming like he's hurt. I went into his room and he had been climbing on his chair to pull down a book he needed (in the dark) and slipped and hit his head on the bookshelf. I picked him up and sat in the chair, he pointed to where it hurt, I gave it a kiss and rocked him for a bit and he pretty quickly fell asleep.

I went back to bed for about an hour before I got up to get ready for work. When I got up and went into the bathroom, I noticed I had blood all over me. He'd split his forehead open just above his eye and was bleeding pretty good, but I hadn't noticed since I didn't turn on the light.

So, of course, I took my shower and went to work because there was no way I was waking him up again to clean up the blood. He'd never go back to sleep after that. There was some blood in his bed, but luckily it was mainly on one blanket.

I have heard stories where people let their infant sleep in vomit if they cry so hard they puke - I think you have a long way to go before you're reported to DHS. :)

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I have told my kids it is my job to make sure they have plenty to talk to their shrink about in the future. I appear to have been very good at my job.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

child services is tracking your IP address right now

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have heard stories where people let their infant sleep in vomit if they cry so hard they puke - I think you have a long way to go before you're reported to DHS. :)

Actually I have a worse one.

We were watching TBS the other night and he wasn't paying any attention. Then Family Guy comes on and my wife picks up the remote and he says "No, I want to watch this, it's my FAVORITE!"

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Actually I have a worse one.

We were watching TBS the other night and he wasn't paying any attention. Then Family Guy comes on and my wife picks up the remote and he says "No, I want to watch this, it's my FAVORITE!"

Okay, that IS bad! I get after my husband for the occasional Simpsons/Futurama episode.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Oh, I've done that too, just not intentionally. He was quite a bit younger, but he woke up in the middle of the night crying, but went back to sleep pretty quickly, before we got up. Then I walked into his room in the morning and it smelled like horrible rotten cheese because he'd puked and fallen back asleep in it. It was nasty.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron