***Official Big 12/SEC Challenge vs Auburn Gameday Thread***

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
It seems like its been too long since a basketball game...I'm ready. Go Cyclones!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Has Armstrong called a game for us yet this year? I wonder what name pubs he's been cooking up.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It seems like its been too long since a basketball game...I'm ready. Go Cyclones!

Yes, I'll be very happy once Big 12 play starts and we're done with all this week or more between games garbage, especially when one of those games is UMKC. Need to get some big wins this week so we don't start getting lost in the shuffle.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yes, I'll be very happy once Big 12 play starts and we're done with all this week or more between games garbage, especially when one of those games is UMKC. Need to get some big wins this week so we don't start getting lost in the shuffle.

We should get 2 wins out of the week. Not sure how big wins over Auburn and UNI will be, since neither one is that impressive. We'll get the wins that we can out of this week.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
We should get 2 wins out of the week. Not sure how big wins over Auburn and UNI will be, since neither one is that impressive. We'll get the wins that we can out of this week.

Big is a relative term. I don't expect them to do much to move us up in the rankings, but at least it's two games I can get worked up for.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Just keep winning, babay!

No game is ever a 'gimme' and as long as we keep taking care of business we'll be fine.

The gaps between games is helpful for this team - gives us more practice time and lets guys get healed up if they were hurt (Ejim). We have 2 this week, then the crows next Friday, then our Christmas tournament. After that, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to Big XII play.

Gotta keep it rolling.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Has Armstrong called a game for us yet this year? I wonder what name pubs he's been cooking up.

This Is What I Am Pumped For. Usually Just Mute The TV Broadcast, but Not Tonight With Armstrong & Gettys. Really Like Them

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Auburn thus far: (4-1)

Nich - W 76-54
NW St. - L 92-111
JV St. - W 78-54
Murray - W 75-67
Tenn. St - W 78-73

All home games thus far, this is their first road test. *Murray St. has been a tourney team the past couple of years, if I am not mistaken....but their stud PG graduated last year.... but you have to think that this Murray team still has pride/talent.

Hilton needs to be rocking, and it will. Students are back from break and our "loyal son's" (and gals) will make it loud as well. We're ranked, and the place will be bumpin'.

Need to get on them early and work on our game. Really need to lock down rebounds and make them pay. Gotta have this one!

GO CYCLONES!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is also possibly the worst UNI team that Fred has faced. Also, the loss 2 years ago had a lot more to do with our slow start than it did UNI being good. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but it is pretty likely.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I can see us coming out slow with the long layoff, maybe being tied at half, but extending a lead to 15-20 in the second half. Can't wait to get back in my cyclone sanctuary tonight!

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
TGIM! Let's go Cyclones! each game, I get more nervous, waiting for the team to drop a 'should win' game. But with Kane and Ejim, I feel a lot better than past years, that they won't let that happen.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
This is also possibly the worst UNI team that Fred has faced. Also, the loss 2 years ago had a lot more to do with our slow start than it did UNI being good. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but it is pretty likely.

I would say underachieving. This UNI team has a lot of great pieces. Right now, they don't look like they belong in the same puzzle box though. ISU should definitely win this game the way they have been playing lately. Crazier things have happened though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron