Rohach is legit!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was able to watch the first half on TV and only had audio for second half. He SOUNDED great in the second half but LOOKED pretty awful in the first.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Ended the season with these numbers, I think. Nothing special, but there is some promise there.

110-191 1208 Yds 8-7 TD-INT

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
The kid has an arm. He's young, let's hope he takes a big step from now til August 30, 2014.
I hope this is what he really needed going into spring ball. We need a QB that can throw spot on or we will always struggle.

Great game to end on and start spring ball.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Nice stats by Grant when it was all said and done, BUT we've seen this song and dance before.
I'm typically 99% a positive poster, BUT our QB's have put together some nice games before and then we find out very quickly it was an aberration or that the ceiling isn't very high or consistent. Pull back on the throttle a bit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and we have a couple solid guys to bank on for the future with Grant and Sam.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Who's ready for another quarterback controversy this time for Roach/Richardson installment?

Last edited:

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
He was extremely accurate the last 3 quarters of the game. I didn't expect it.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I've had my house stormed with pitchforks and flaming torches for saying this before, but here we go again. If ISU wants to be successful in the B12 we need an accurate, pocket passing QB. A QB like Seneca Wallace only comes along once every 25 years for a team like us, but we should be able to get accurate QB's. We have more speed/downfield threats than we have ever had since I've been watching ISU football. We just need a QB who can get them the ball at a high percentage. I HOPE Rohach can be that guy.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I want to believe in him, but I need to see him do the same thing against someone other then KU or WVU. Hopefully we see it in Iowa City next year.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
I was able to watch the first half on TV and only had audio for second half. He SOUNDED great in the second half but LOOKED pretty awful in the first.

My guess is nerves. Fr QB, on a team in the dumps, inconsistent O line. His arm strength has been apparent for weeks though. Today his touch was added into the mix, especially in the 2nd half. More than anything, the kid showed heart and leadership and the team seemed to buy into it and rally around him. He looked confident, even when trailing by 17. Gutsy win.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
He is pretty promising. Some of his errors (silly picks, missing open guys by hitting feat/over head) could be just his youth...he really did get trial by fire.

Someone said in another thread, he seems to trust the pocket a bit more than Sam.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I want to believe in him, but I need to see him do the same thing against someone other then KU or WVU. Hopefully we see it in Iowa City next year.

Yeah, this is true. But tonight at least gives us some hope. A horrible game tonight would have given us no hope at QB next season.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My guess is nerves. Fr QB, on a team in the dumps, inconsistent O line. His arm strength has been apparent for weeks though. Today his touch was added into the mix, especially in the 2nd half. More than anything, the kid showed heart and leadership and the team seemed to buy into it and rally around him. He looked confident, even when trailing by 17. Gutsy win.

I was most impressed with the improvement in his pocket presence. Kept his eyes downfield, rolled out of the pressure.