Kane Eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYNWIA

Nov 13, 2008
Ames
I was listening to the diamond head classic preview and heard Seth Greenberg say something to the effect of "Iowa state will be tough to beat if Deandre Kane is eligible".... Did I miss something? Is Kane having troubles in the classroom or is there some other matter that potentially affects his eligibility?

Not trying to start rumors, just really wondering since I haven't heard anything anywhere else

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Sounds like a backhanded complement toward him getting thrown out of games and possible being in foul trouble.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Seth's been listening to the BYU fans that want Kane imprisoned.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Yeah, he already has a degree, and is working towards a masters degree I believe. Can you even get into grade trouble in a masters program? I'm not sure how that would work or what program he is in.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Were you listening to the preview when the Matchups were first announced, like from 4 months ago? If so, he hadn't been granted the waver at that time.

CYNWIA

Nov 13, 2008
Ames
I didn't check the date but that very well could be... Would make more sense if that was the case

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
He graduated already, so I can't imagine that it means anything

That doesn't mean that he's just chilling in Ames not doing anything. He's in graduate school right now and he still has to keep his grades up to remain eligible.

CYNWIA

Nov 13, 2008
Ames
Yeah, my fault for not checking on the date the video was released. It was from the summer, a time which I imagine there may have been some doubt as to his eligibility.... Not an issue now.... Now back to Rashad Vaughn!!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Yeah, my fault for not checking on the date the video was released. It was from the summer, a time which I imagine there may have been some doubt as to his eligibility.... Not an issue now.... Now back to Rashad Vaughn!!
Don't even worry about it. Even the best posters in the history of Cyclone Fanatic (me) make mistakes.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, he already has a degree, and is working towards a masters degree I believe. Can you even get into grade trouble in a masters program? I'm not sure how that would work or what program he is in.

Get under a B in a course and you've got trouble.
Since DeAndre has a degree, I doubt that he suddenly forgot what to do.

Edit: Turns out it was an old article. I learned that by reading the other posts that I hadn't bothered to read yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron