BYU's Austin ejected last night

dmack

Nov 15, 2009
I didn't see anybody else post about this. BYU's Austin (can't remember his first name) was ejected late in their game with Wichita State last night. If you remember Austin was one of their front court players. He threw an elbow sending Ronny Baker to the ground. If you saw the footage he was winding up for a second swing but Baker was already on the ground. Just thought I'd share this. Hey its a physical sport, **** happens.
By the way Wichita State won by around 10 points. The score doesn't represent how close a game it was. However, BYU couldn't hit anything from the field in the second half. Wichita State plays some good D.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Fight the urge to troll, Clonefan32. Fight...the...urge...to...troll...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
I witnessed the actions of Mr. Austin yesterday, and was frankly quite concerned with the message that it sends to our youth and the impact it might have on the landscape of college athletics. That elbow was quite brutal and it is even more disappointing that he was going for a 2nd elbow as the young man hit the floor. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and eject Austin for an appropriate amount of time. After your own request to the ISU athletic department it is only right that you step up and do the right thing. Additionally I am disappointed in the actions of the head coach shortly after that, when he received a technical foul. BYU is a religious institution and should be held to a higher set of standards. There's no room in the game for this negativity towards refs or anyone. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Here's what i sent.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Austin was also the player who had several epic flops against us, that surprisingly the home court refs didn't even fall for. That combined with the ejection probably means he's a bigger puke than anybody on ISU's team.

I don't think it's "trolling" to send a letter to BYU's student paper that should run a story demanding that BYU apologize to Witchita State for their actions. It also would be appropriate to change BYU's wikipedia page to state they're a bunch of thugs.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
I witnessed the actions of Mr. Austin yesterday, and was frankly quite concerned with the message that it sends to our youth and the impact it might have on the landscape of college athletics. That elbow was quite brutal and it is even more disappointing that he was going for a 2nd elbow as the young man hit the floor. I'm calling on you to do the right thing and eject Austin for an appropriate amount of time. After your own request to the ISU athletic department it is only right that you step up and do the right thing. Additionally I am disappointed in the actions of the head coach shortly after that, when he received a technical foul. BYU is a religious institution and should be held to a higher set of standards. There's no room in the game for this negativity towards refs or anyone. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Here's what i sent.

Just need about 500 CFer's to send the same thing.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
Sincerely,

Here's what i sent.

well played. curious to hear a response

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
Sincerely,

Here's what i sent.

Beautiful

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I was watching that game, hoping that BYU would pull the upset (RPI and all that you know). He smacked him pretty good with his elbow.....and he meant to do it! In fact, he lined it up a second time and swung at him again, but the guy was already on the floor. It was kind of funny. Then, he was trying to explain to his coaches and BYU players like he just grazed the guy. Yeah, right.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, did not take but a week for the "what goes around comes around" to play out for those BYU whiners. :laugh:

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I watched the game too. He def. threw the elbow but he most certainly was not lining up to hit Baker in the face. I thought he deserved a flagerant 1 and didnt think he should be ejected. It was a rough play but every bit as innocent as Kane's eye rake.

Neither deserved to be tossed.

Last edited: