UMKC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoJantzesLeft

Oct 6, 2012
Ames, IA
So, I was just looking through UMKC's schedule. They get the pleasure of playing Louisville at the beginning of December. Imagine that game...

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
So, I was just looking through UMKC's schedule. They get the pleasure of playing Louisville at the beginning of December. Imagine that game...

Imagine if they win...Go ROOS

Now imagine she's white.

images

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
At this point I am not that sure Louisville is that much better than us. So the game should be within 45-50 points.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Were there any UMKC fans there last night? I don't think I heard a single person cheering for them, other than the mocking ones from the balcony. Seems odd that a school 3-4 hours away wouldn't have more fans make the trip. When else are they going to get the opportunity to beat a ranked team that close to home?

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Were there any UMKC fans there last night? I don't think I heard a single person cheering for them, other than the mocking ones from the balcony. Seems odd that a school 3-4 hours away wouldn't have more fans make the trip. When else are they going to get the opportunity to beat a ranked team that close to home?

Those dudes were pretty damn funny tho

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
What were they saying?

I feel bad for them. These guys have never once made the tournament. I can't even laugh about them as I truly feel sorry for UMKC.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008

The UMKC head coach was an assistant at Louisville last year so they will probably take it easy on them.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I've lived in Missouri for five years. KC for 3 of them. Never in my life have I met a UMKC fan.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
The only excitement in the game was those guys. Specially liked when the score was at 28 and chanted not 30. Kanga- rooooos then clanked a free throw. The whole crowd should have chanted KANGA-ROOOOS. Or called out a seat number to play with them.:idea:

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
My wife has a grad degree from UMKC. I had no idea they even had a team before we played them. UMKC is more a commuter campus not really a sports oriented school.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
UMKC has 16k student, including 10k undergrad.

No reason/excuse they can't muster up support.

Related question - how much does the campus life impact ones commitment to a school? Why do "campus" schools have better fan bases than "commuter" schools?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
UMKC has 16k student, including 10k undergrad.

No reason/excuse they can't muster up support.

Related question - how much does the campus life impact ones commitment to a school? Why do "campus" schools have better fan bases than "commuter" schools?

If you've ever been at one of these commuter schools you'd know in a heartbeat. Everything is disjointed and students don't have anything to rally around in terms of "school spirit/pride". I've seen a number of campuses around the country. I'm a homer, but ISU's campus is my favorite.

And I was at the UMKC game in KC last year. Definitely more ISU fans there. Pretty sure that a lot of the people cheering for UMKC really came to root against us more than for UMKC.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Whoever made that schedule, is trying very hard to get their coach fired