Auto Repair. How much am I looking at?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I spun out this morning on some ice and went into the ditch. My front end is kinda messed up. Bumper is cracked. Radiator is leaking and the fan is stuck in the on position. Windshield washer fluid is leaking somewhere and I think something in the left wheel assembly is messed up. Does anyone here know how much this would cost roughly. I know every place varies in price. Thanks

Car is 05 chevy malibu

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
I spun out this morning on some ice and went into the ditch. My front end is kinda messed up. Bumper is cracked. Radiator is leaking and the fan is stuck in the on position. Windshield washer fluid is leaking somewhere and I think something in the left wheel assembly is messed up. Does anyone here know how much this would cost roughly. I know every place varies in price. Thanks

Car is 05 chevy malibu

You are ******!:jimlad:

troyisu

Jan 13, 2011
Waukee
Your car is going to be considered a total loss...if I were handling the claim. '05 Malibu is probably worth 5K or so and you'll have at least 3-4k in damage.

I'd start looking around for another vehicle unfortunately...

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Your car is going to be considered a total loss...if I were handling the claim. '05 Malibu is probably worth 5K or so and you'll have at least 3-4k in damage.

This all the way. The damage to the steering geometry alone is enough to total the car. Not to mention new bumper, paint, and damage to your cooling system. New car time!

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

This probably isn't too far off. Body damage is not cheap to fix, let alone if there are any structural issues with your front suspension.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Well at least it's Thanksgiving week/end, so I will only have to get a ride one day this week.

Came home the same way and there was an accident at the exact same spot. There a was person pinned who was DOA. That was a little scary to think about what could've happened

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
If you're a DIY kind of person or have friends who are, you may be able to put it back together for less (Assuming there isn't any frame damage) but otherwise put me in the crowd that says its time to start shopping.

jmn985

Nov 26, 2013
Mankato MN
First question would be how many miles you got on it? What was the condition of the car before the accident? Third would be how long did you plan on keeping it? Are you gonna drive it til the wheels fall off, or try and sell it in the next 2 to 5 years. These were very common cars and part would be readily available from the bone yard to either fix it correctly or just throw some random colored bumper on there with some other used replacement parts.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Well, I didn't realize we weren't looking to estimate the cost of repairing back to pre-wreck condition. In that case, yes, you can probably get it done for a few hundred.

Oh, sorry If I confused you. I didn't think I could do the job myself but I can. It will look "pre-wreck" condition when I get it done.

Help Support Us

Become a patron