Cy TV app: Am I the last to know?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I thought there was no way to stream Cyclones.tv via Android. Tonight I was waiting at my daughter's guitar lesson and thought I could at least get a radio feed of the game on my phone. Against my better judgment (and despite negative reviews) I downloaded the $5 Neulion app from the play store. Next thing I know I'm watching live TV, UMKC vs. ISU. Am I the first or last to know this?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Five Dollarydoos!?

555302_480473135344307_2109148855_n.png

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
What about on Apple? Is it available yet on there?

***edit, it does!!! Woo Hoo!!!***

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Wow. To quote Jack Nicholson,"Don't I feel like the ****in' *** hole?"

I knew there was an iPad app but I for some reason I was completely convinced there was no Android app for live video.

ISU_phoria, I tried to watch it via chrome for android but it didn't work. What browser do you use?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I watched the game in HD on the big screen with a feed from my laptop. My wife was wondering why there where cords running all over the place, but it worked great. Only stumbled a couple times. Much better than a couple years ago when Cyclone TV buffered more than it ran.

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
You can watch it just fine on Android in your browser too. That's how I watched it tonight.
All I get is "playback of this media is not supported" on my android phone. What else do I need to download to watch through the IE browser?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I watched the game in HD on the big screen with a feed from my laptop. My wife was wondering why there where cords running all over the place, but it worked great. Only stumbled a couple times. Much better than a couple years ago when Cyclone TV buffered more than it ran.
Check out chromecast for the at home setup. $35, no cords.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
All I get is "playback of this media is not supported" on my android phone. What else do I need to download to watch through the IE browser?

Sorry, there's no hope for you:)

Check out chromecast for the at home setup. $35, no cords.

I think we've discussed this before but I'm wondering how you are getting this to work. Mine will kinda work if I don't go full screen but even when it's the little window it's really choppy. Are you changing any settings in the video player or Chromecast?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Sorry, there's no hope for you:)

I think we've discussed this before but I'm wondering how you are getting this to work. Mine will kinda work if I don't go full screen but even when it's the little window it's really choppy. Are you changing any settings in the video player or Chromecast?
Haven't had to mess with settings at all. Start the video, hit the chromecast button in the upper right of your browser, then hit the FULL button. Make SURE you don't hit the pop-out button, this will open a new window that won't go to your chromecast unit.

Beyond that, I am using the HDMI extension dongle that came with chromecast. It seemed to help with the wireless signal somewhat.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Wow. To quote Jack Nicholson,"Don't I feel like the ****in' *** hole?"

I knew there was an iPad app but I for some reason I was completely convinced there was no Android app for live video.

ISU_phoria, I tried to watch it via chrome for android but it didn't work. What browser do you use?[/QUOTE]

Interested in this answer also; bought a new tablet today, figuring playback not supported just because display model didn't have android app loaded.