Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1vs Ipad mini

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
They are both on sale this holiday season, Im ot going to pay $5-600, just w ant something for browsing afterwork. I know I pads are reliable, but not sure about minis or galaxy tabs

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
They are both on sale this holiday season, Im ot going to pay $5-600, just w ant something for browsing afterwork. I know I pads are reliable, but not sure about minis or galaxy tabs

Do you already have an Android phone or an iPhone? If you already have an Android I'd say go with the Samsung device so you don't have to re-buy your apps and learn a new OS. If you already have an iPhone then go for the mini for the same reason.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I Have An Android Phone, But It Just Broke, And My Wife Has Has The Same Ipad For 3 Years. I'm Def Not AN Apple Guy, ButLike The Reliability.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I've wanted the Note 10.1 Tab forever (especially the 2014 addition, well obviously want level is just recent there), just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I hate how outdated these things get and the price never drops.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
If you havent already, go to the store and feel them out. Some folks really like the one-handibility of the ipad mini. I had an ipad 2 which i recentlly sold that I loved, but am considering getting a mini because it has a great screen and its just a bit more portable.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Agree with get the same OS as your phone. I used to be all Android. Wife got an IPhone and son got an IPad mini as his class uses them for assignments. Then had to get an iPad for a couple utilities for farming that were only available on IOS. So now I have iPhone as well. Having everyone on same platform saves a lot of money on apps, etc.

I like IOS and Android both but have been impressed with battery life of our apple products compared to our HTC and Samsung products.

One more point. I have a full iPad and son has mini. I actually prefer his mini. It fits my hands better and when in the field it fits in my back pocket. But I do love full size one as well and rarely use laptop now because of it. I carry a Bluetooth keyboard and stylus with retractable pen in my bag. I have done many web ex meetings from iPad and can't imagine not having a tablet now.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
There are 7 and 8 inch versions of the Galaxy tab.

Yes I know. I have a nexus 7. I just prefer the ipads. Pretty bought into their ecosystem with movies and music.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I have an android phone, a 3rd generation Ipad, and a Nexus 7. I use the Ipad about 80% of the time and the Nexus 7 20% of the time. This is strictly because of screen size. If the Nexus was a 10" I would probably use that more than the Ipad. Both are about the same speed, have the same apps I like, etc. the one thing I like about the Nexus is that it's a lot more customizable. For example, it allows me to change to another keyboard.

The only time I prefer the 7 to the 10 inch is when I'm not home, which is about 5% of the time.

the mini would be my last choice. $300 to $450 is ridiculous.

Last edited:

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I just upgraded my hp touchpad to the new Nexus 7. I like the feel of the smaller tab a bit better. It is easier to type on the smaller one vs the larger one.

Love the new Nexus 7 line can't beat the hardware for the price.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron