Cyclones face somewhat tricky game tonight vs. UMKC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
15 point win. Close but not too close.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
You know, would it be such a terrible thing if this was a scary game around halftime? This doesn't seem like a team that would be capable of finishing the job even if they put a scare into the team early and it would be nice to get that kind of game out of their system early.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
According to kenpom, UMKC is an interesting combination of high tempo (19th) and bad offense (331st).

Creighton beat them 96-70. UNO beat them 101-71.

We play better defense than either of those teams. I think this game is 95-62.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I think you guys missed the point, or you didn't even read the article. The "tricky" part is where the game sits on the schedule. I wrote a few times in there that UMKC itself shouldn't pose a challenge at all. The challenge is remaining focused after two big wins in front of what will likely be a comatose crowd.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think you guys missed the point, or you didn't even read the article. The "tricky" part is where the game sits on the schedule. I wrote a few times in there that UMKC itself shouldn't pose a challenge at all. The challenge is remaining focused after two big wins in front of what will likely be a comatose crowd.

Yeah... I read it and got the point. I think it is closer than a blow out.. but we win comfortably, even with the focus factor.

-keep

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

I'm definitely glad we aren't playing UNI or someone else who would be able to take advantage of us sleepwalking through the first half, if that happens.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
I think this game is over early in the 2nd half, if not by halftime. Kane and Ejim won't allow any letdowns with this team. This team will follow Elvis' logo -- TCB-lightning bolt (Taking Care of Business in a Flash).

TCB.PNG

Last edited:

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
This is a great time for our young guys to get some good experience so we can help avoid scary situations like the end of the BYU game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The Kane-Ejim sandwich machine never rests. They are not like our football offense. What does vegas say?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't think this game will end up being tricky for two reasons:

1) Ejim and Kane provide GREAT leadership for this team and will have the team ready
2) The Roos play at a fast pace, which will get the guys in the rhythm of the game early. If we were playing a UNI-style take air out of the ball team, I'd be more worried.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
So they are the kanga"roos". I was trying to figure this out because it is a name of the musician that I have pictured. I do feel a bit sorry for what might happen to the Roos. I think our subs will get some time tonight which is good.