FYI, bad language in the video:

[video=youtube;o1WMEwd8Al0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1WMEwd8Al0[/video]

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
wow. that's incredible. Tell you what, if I'm ever in a crisis, I wouldn't mind having that dude around. Talk about keeping your head under pressure.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
wow. that's incredible. Tell you what, if I'm ever in a crisis, I wouldn't mind having that dude around. Talk about keeping your head under pressure.

Yeah, it was so hard to find shelter and then say "****" when you see what happened. What else would you do? Act like Josie?

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Am I the only one that thinks it's bad that this guy never consoles his daughter but instead is more worried about filming what happened? Don't get me wrong, Josie needs to suck it up, but damn man….take care of your daughter.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, it was so hard to find shelter and then say "****" when you see what happened. What else would you do? Act like Josie?

That's my point. I think a lot of people would end up acting like Josie. I hope that I wouldn't, but having never been in that situation, I can't say that with 100% certainty. Shock is a very real thing, and some folks just freeze up in stressful circumstances. Having the wherewithal to know that the house is not safe, even though there's no place else to go, wanting to help the neighbors, etc. Not everyone does that in a crisis. Being able to maintain your wits is a good asset to have.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
That's my point. I think a lot of people would end up acting like Josie. I hope that I wouldn't, but having never been in that situation, I can't say that with 100% certainty. Shock is a very real thing, and some folks just freeze up in stressful circumstances. Having the wherewithal to know that the house is not safe, even though there's no place else to go, wanting to help the neighbors, having your wits about you in a crisis is a good asset to have.
...and according to the video, so are shoes.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
[/B]

Yeah that is what surprised me as well.

it was what, maybe 60 seconds? Just insane.

and yeah, the girl isn't the most calm after going through probably the most terrifying experience of her life, but Dad saying "OMG Josie, our house is ******* destroyed! All the neighbors' homes are gone!" wasn't really helping.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I have always heard that a tornado sounds like a freight train when it is coming toward you. I didn't hear that in the video.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I have always heard that a tornado sounds like a freight train when it is coming toward you. I didn't hear that in the video.

I wonder what that buzzing noise was. Also, does the video go dark for everyone else right as the tornado hits or is it just my phone?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I heard what sounded like a weed whacker toward the beginning of the video, but I just chalked that up to Josie's nervous flatulence.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I wonder what that buzzing noise was. Also, does the video go dark for everyone else right as the tornado hits or is it just my phone?

on Reddit (and this made sense, I've heard it before during windy days at home) they said it was the wind/pressure change causing the weatherstripping at the bottom of the outside doors to vibrate.