Nader

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Has anyone heard anything about how he has been doing lately? All said and done, I really don't know much about him and I haven't heard his name mentioned in a while. I know some people are pretty high on him for next year, so can those people sound off on their reasoning for their optimism?

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Has anyone heard anything about how he has been doing lately? All said and done, I really don't know much about him and I haven't heard his name mentioned in a while. I know some people are pretty high on him for next year, so can those people sound off on their reasoning for their optimism?

I heard awhile back on here that he was playing the best of anyone in practice. Whether that still holds true, I do not know.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I heard awhile back on here that he was playing the best of anyone in practice. Whether that still holds true, I do not know.

I just watched a few youtube videos of him and he seems fairly athletic for a big guy. Did anyone get to see him first-hand in the CCL games this past summer?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Does he get to travel with the team? I see he's listed on the roster as if he's active (obviously he's not).

No, I don't believe they get to travel with the team at all. I remember an interview with Clyburn a while ago where he talked about how hard it was watching the team play on the road on TV while he was still stuck in Ames during his redshirt year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We should all just be thankful Kane and Abdel won't ever play together or we'd have to endure all the attempts at cleverness.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We should all just be thankful Kane and Abdel won't ever play together or we'd have to endure all the attempts at cleverness.

If we had Kane for one more year people could say whatever they wanted and I'd still be happy

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
No, I don't believe they get to travel with the team at all. I remember an interview with Clyburn a while ago where he talked about how hard it was watching the team play on the road on TV while he was still stuck in Ames during his redshirt year.

That will suck when they get back from Hawaii and Thomas is all tan.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Can't speak to how he's doing in practice but he sure looked the part in the CCL highlights. Big strong bruiser, he will replace the thug role on the team after Ejim graduates.
:pcool:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Is it an NCAA rule or just the budget of taking extra people on a trip? I'm sure there's nothing stopping he and McKay from heading down to DesMoines on their own. Is it different for redshirts vs transfers?

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Is it an NCAA rule or just the budget of taking extra people on a trip? I'm sure there's nothing stopping he and McKay from heading down to DesMoines on their own. Is it different for redshirts vs transfers?
It appears to be an NCAA rule with transfers for sure. Not sure about redshirts, since they can "pull" them at any time and play them in a game.

I do know there is an allotted travel squad size and anyone beyond that would have to pay their own way to an event.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011

I think in basketball transfers and redshirts don't travel. I remember seeing SDW in Ames last year when the team was playing away that night.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

Curious about this as well... I know my brother just had to get to places on his own his redshirt year but I am not sure if that was just UNI or NCAA policy.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

He has a 7' wingspan. And that is awesome...