Bubu question

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if ISU winning and getting national recognition will influence the board of regents decision. I could see it go either way if it does:

1) We're a great basketball team that needs more depth. Bubu would help with that. Let's reinstate him and get more donations as Iowa State does basketball the wrong way all the way to the elite 8!

2) We're nationally recognized right now, why get bad publicity by reinstating a player who was charged with sexual assault?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
1.) No, I sincerely hope our board doesn't make decisions based on depth. "Well he assaulted her allegedly", "Yeah, but there lacking depth we can't cut him"

2.) Agreed with this. The whole Winston situation is a PR nightmare for this Florida State team. Outta no where and #2 in the country (Okay not outta no where but you know what I mean) and the Heisman front runner essentially screwed himself out of it.

With that said, not even going to say Bubu was guilty but obviously the board saw/heard/read more then we did as fans and there is a reason he isn't on this team. Who knows. I feel for him because he was great for ISU for 3-4 years but he made a poor decision and is paying the consequence. Honestly, dont even know how to feel because he was innocent but maybe there was more to it that the public doesn't know. I just hope Bubu has success in life, might not be basketball now but he is an extremely smart kid who gets great grades and works hard. He will be okay.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
What the ****..are we seriously in an alternate universe wherein all posts and threads here are sent thru a machine that maximizes the randomness and 'unfortunate topics for ISU sports' quotient?

Bubu gone....enjoyed watching what he did as a helluva worker on the team...don't feel like at this time it's a topic that will bear any valid fruit....so I'm going with #3:

The season has begun, whether you like it or not, Bubu is not on the team, let's talk about something that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
What the ****..are we seriously in an alternate universe wherein all posts and threads here are sent thru a machine that maximizes the randomness and 'unfortunate topics for ISU sports' quotient?

Haha 00clone, I knew i'd get some people with that reaction. It's an honest question, though. I hope the board would make a decision independent of our season and based only on the facts... but I don't buy with the money poured into athletics that the board won't at least consider fiscal ramifications.

Also, I know it's an unfortunate topic, but worth addressing, as his appeal will likely be heard on December 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I dont know that 2) is valid.

The case was dropped because the accuser was found to have falsified evidence.

That said, im kind of at the point where im sick of hearing of it in general.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Or how about letting him practice and be on the scout team. We could have a great scout team that would make our team better.

G Palo 6-1
G Jackson 6-3
W Nader 6-6
F McKay 6-8
F Ellerman 6-8

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I wonder if ISU winning and getting national recognition will influence the board of regents decision. I could see it go either way if it does:

1) We're a great basketball team that needs more depth. Bubu would help with that. Let's reinstate him and get more donations as Iowa State does basketball the wrong way all the way to the elite 8!

2) We're nationally recognized right now, why get bad publicity by reinstating a player who was charged with sexual assault?

Is this trolling?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Bubu isn't coming back.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I would hope the board doesn't regret their decision solely because ISU has had a great last 2 basketball games. I would hope they did what they feel they had to do regardless of the team's success.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Bubu isn't coming back.

You could be right but I think I'll wait for the board's decision. He may be the victim in this whole thing for all we know. If he's back on the team it will help us at the back up point guard position and strengthen the team.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
2.) Agreed with this. The whole Winston situation is a PR nightmare for this Florida State team. Outta no where and #2 in the country (Okay not outta no where but you know what I mean) and the Heisman front runner essentially screwed himself out of it.

2482831-archer-1-phrasing.jpg

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
The last I saw, the board wasn't hearing an appeal from Bubu. Did something change?

This is correct. Earliest would be in February, 2014.

Who cares. Sorry if some of you are ****** that we seem to be just fine without Bubu this year. Stop bringing it up, for the love of everything holy.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
This is correct. Earliest would be in February, 2014.

Who cares. Sorry if some of you are ****** that we seem to be just fine without Bubu this year. Stop bringing it up, for the love of everything holy.

I agree, would love to see this thread closed.