BYU Most Unintelligent Fanbase

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think everyone can agree there are some pretty uninformed fan bases about the rules of basketball, but during the game the booing seemed extremely excessive. Now you also have people calling out Kane and Ejim as thugs. I know some of those are Iowa people and BYU also has an extremely large fan base but it seems worse this time.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Because ISU fans don't Boo every call that goes against us regardless of the circumstances?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Because ISU fans don't Boo every call that goes against us regardless of the circumstances?
Iowa State is one of the more selective schools. We are biased which is natural but last night and now seems to be on a different level.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Wtf? Stupid thread is stupid.

BYU acts like every other fan base on earth - frustrated after a close loss.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think everyone can agree there are some pretty uninformed fan bases about the rules of basketball, but during the game the booing seemed extremely excessive. Now you also have people calling out Kane and Ejim as thugs. I know some of those are Iowa people and BYU also has an extremely large fan base but it seems worse this time.

They're mormons so they can't curse. They make up for it with excessive booing. Not a big deal.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
The point of the fans is to get into the head of the opposing players and try to get the refs on their side by continuously hounding them. I thought they did their job. The fans were definately in our players heads...look at Ejim, our failure with the press, and missing free throws down the stretch.

They were great CBB fans, and they did what I hope we continue to do to every team (not named Iowa State) and referee that steps onto the court at Hilton.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Yeah I get what people are saying just think there was an extreme amount of booing specifically on the Kane foul and now you have people calling him a thug with Ejim. I thought in general they were good but theres an awful lot of negative attitude over that call that I think is completely uncalled for, and I've seen people saying they were yelling the N word which set of Ejim. Other than those things I thought they were pretty good but there seems to be way to much focus on the Kane foul which didn't really warrant an ejection let alone jail time.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The point of the fans is to get into the head of the opposing players and try to get the refs on their side by continuously hounding them. I thought they did their job. The fans were definately in our players heads...look at Ejim, our failure with the press, and missing free throws down the stretch.

They were great CBB fans, and they did what I hope we continue to do to every team (not named Iowa State) and referee that steps onto the court at Hilton.

The point of the fans is to support their team and help them win. BYU lost = Crowd fail.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
They're mormons so they can't curse. They make up for it with excessive booing. Not a big deal.

I was hearing quite a bit of swearing in the background of John Walters call from about the 5 minute mock until the end of the game.

That said, you also don't have to be Mormon to be a fan of BYU, so it could have been anyone.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think there is some mold in Larch that is making you create stupid threads
Probably some mold but you're missing my point. I don't necessarily think they were bad in general but in certain circumstances they seemed uninformed about the rules. Specifically the Kane foul. I'm not saying you can't be mad about it but to boo it excessively during the game and after to say he should go to jail is what I'm talking about. I thought they had a great atmosphere and it got to us, but there were things that only Iowa people would say.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron