top 25+1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Only moved up one spot but we also will be getting the people who filled out their polls before Sunday to actually add us so I think we will be 15 or 16

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Only comment on that article right now:

Another comment on the article that kind of balances things out:

UHS

Maybe Houge should be jailed for fouling BYU with his lips too. Come on anyone can see it was accidental and shouldn't have even gotten an ejection. I feel bad for the BYU player and hope he gets better but these people saying it was on purpose are ridiculous.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Another comment on the article that kind of balances things out:

UHS

Maybe Houge should be jailed for fouling BYU with his lips too. Come on anyone can see it was accidental and shouldn't have even gotten an ejection. I feel bad for the BYU player and hope he gets better but these people saying it was on purpose are ridiculous.
That was me its ridiculous with what they are saying

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Only comment on that article right now:
Ok I admit it was bad but in no way intentional. He was anticipating the BUY kid taking a shot. Why would he intentionally gouge the other team when we are at a crucial point in the game?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I get that it looked bad on the replay/still shots, but that doesn't mean there was intent. I think it happened so quickly, that Kane was just trying to do what he could to get his arms up and foul. The head fake made matters worse.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I get that it looked bad on the replay/still shots, but that doesn't mean there was intent. I think it happened so quickly, that Kane was just trying to do what he could to get his arms up and foul. The head fake made matters worse.

Exactly, Kane would have to be superhuman or Bruce Lee to pull off that eye poke on purpose. Things happen fast, for a minute after Hogue got elbowed everyone still didn't think there was contact, then he's bleeding and you realize that weird amounts of damage can be done at high speeds.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Exactly, Kane would have to be superhuman or Bruce Lee to pull off that eye poke on purpose. Things happen fast, for a minute after Hogue got elbowed everyone still didn't think there was contact, then he's bleeding and you realize that weird amounts of damage can be done at high speeds.

Miles Simon said it was a flop and then changed his mind.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought that elbow to Hogue's chin was just as bad/worse than Kane's hit. Granted, I don't want anybody hurt, and both are unfortunate accents in a contact sport and a game that got somewhat cagey at the end, but I don't think there was malice on either side, and they just happened. That's the game. Nobody's a thug here.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Really don't see why Baylor should be ranked. Sure, they have talent, but still coached by Scott Drew, still only filling up about half their gym, and only beating much weaker competition at home by 6 points.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I thought that elbow to Hogue's chin was just as bad/worse than Kane's hit. Granted, I don't want anybody hurt, and both are unfortunate accents in a contact sport and a game that got somewhat cagey at the end, but I don't think there was malice on either side, and they just happened. That's the game. Nobody's a thug here.

If intent mattered at all, throwing elbows is intentional; getting faked out is not.

Feb 6, 2013
If intent mattered at all, throwing elbows is intentional; getting faked out is not.

For better or worse, intent doesn't matter. The big reason the NCAA changed the rules was to remove "intentional" from the language altogether. Regardless, the elbow should have been a foul, flagrant or not.