****Official ISU/BYU Gameday Thread****

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Apologies to clones500...see an opening, take it.

*Edit (with the assist from Jordanj)

Where: Provo, Utah - Marriott Center (20,900)
When: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 8:30 p.m. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (PxP), Eric Heft (Color)
TV: ESPNU
Talent: Roxy Bernstein (PxP), Miles Simon (Color)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at cyclones.com.
Live Blog: Matt Shoultz, assistant director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at Cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Now that that's out of the way...really excited for this game. Good test, good chance to show this team can be magical on the road, not just in Hilton.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
You should update the OP with game time, channel, broadcasters, and other relevant information... Come on, man.

Also, Go Cyclones. Excited for the game, but have tempered expectations. First road game for a relatively young team.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Good point. I think the last time I tried to start a gameday, someone beat me to it, or I had the incorrect asterisk-ing format. :sad: After that, I became hesitant.

Five-hundy...you been around longer than I...y'all should know...no matter what you post...

haters-gonna-hate06.jpg

Back on topic: REALLY excited to see this team continue to develop. Much farther ahead than previous teams. Still can lose some, so no freaking out if/when that happens, but Fred just keeps showing us he knows what the heck he's doing. So dreamy.....

:pwink:

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
If we can manage to win this game, the early season excitement for this team will be higher than any other team since the 2000-2001 season.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Good point. I think the last time I tried to start a gameday, someone beat me to it, or I had the incorrect asterisk-ing format. :sad: After that, I became hesitant.

Well Not To Be Nit Picky, But I Think The Usual Number Of Asterisks Is 3 Per Side...Just Saying.

But Hey, Way To Go Outta Your Way With That Extra bit Of Flare. Chotchkie's Management Would Be Impressed.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If we can manage to win this game, the early season excitement for this team will be higher than any other team since the 2000-2001 season.

You're on the right track. But if we look at early opponents from past seasons, 4-0 might be worthy of the most excitement since 1987 (that team started 3-1, but also had a win at then-No. 2 Purdue).

1987-88

The 2000-01 team started 4-0, but the best win was at UNI (and required OT to beat Morningside).

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Well Not To Be Nit Picky, But I Think The Usual Number Of Asterisks Is 3 Per Side...Just Saying.

But Hey, Way To Go Outta Your Way With That Extra bit Of Flare. Chotchkie's Management Would Be Impressed.

DUDE....read the recruiting threads...you can NEVER have enough starz. (or offerz, but there's not a way to type offerz)

*Side question: Do you and Belvguy1 have the same phone that automatically capitalizes every word? Fix that stuff, man!

:pwink:

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
You're on the right track. But if we look at early opponents from past seasons, 4-0 might be worthy of the most excitement since 1987 (that team started 3-1, but also had a win at then-No. 2 Purdue).

1987-88

The 2000-01 team started 4-0, but the best win was at UNI (and required OT to beat Morningside).

I was thinking 2000-2001 season because we actually had some expectations and were coming off an Elite 8. Cyclone basketball was rolling.

If you think about it, you could be right though. We've had record sales and add in the fact that everybody is still as giddy about Fred being our coach as they were the day he coached his first game. Maybe there could be more early excitement than we've in had in decades.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Big time game, if we manage a win here our ranking next week will be borderline top 10.

Beating an unranked team on the road doesnt merit moving up 10 spots in the poll. This is a game we should win and all comes down to BYU's 3 point % and if our youmg guys can weather the storm. No matter what happens this game is a huge learning opportunity for our guys. Go State!

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Beating an unranked team on the road doesnt merit moving up 10 spots in the poll. This is a game we should win and all comes down to BYU's 3 point % and if our youmg guys can weather the storm. No matter what happens this game is a huge learning opportunity for our guys. Go State!

I don't completely disagree, but in his post game interview, Melvin made it sound as if our 3pt shots were falling, to watch out, because we could be scary good. "Could be a hell of a lot better (than we are right now)" I think is the phrase he used.

Its possible we shoot lights out from 3 and take it to them!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron