Calvin Godfrey

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Put up 18 points and 9 rebs last night against Patric Young of Florida. Averaging 14 pts and 10 rebs a game so far for Southern University who almost knocked off Gonzaga last year as 16 seed. He is on his 4th team in 4 years but appears to have things straightened out a bit.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I've always been a great fan of Calvin Godfrey. Would've been exciting to see him here graduating with Ejim. And I imagine he would've been one helluva player as well, considering he would've been in one system for four years, instead of four systems in four years. That being said, no room on the team for players with short fuses and have a drug issue.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Looks like he is averaging almost double double every game. Too bad he couldn't get **** together while he was at Iowa State.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Put up 18 points and 9 rebs last night against Patric Young of Florida. Averaging 14 pts and 10 rebs a game so far for Southern University who almost knocked off Gonzaga last year as 16 seed. He is on his 4th team in 4 years but appears to have things straightened out a bit.

I don't know why but that made me laugh

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Late in his freshmen year I thought he was turning into the best player in his class. Really started to excel at doing the dirty work. He and Elim would have been a nice senior duo.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I watched some of Texas Tech struggling against Texas Southern last night. Texas Southern is led by Aaric Murray who transferred away from Bob Huggins at WVU. He's averaging over 20 ppg, but struggled last night (fouled out with 8 points in 20 minutes).

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Speaking of Texas Tech, I must be the only one who doesn't think they're going to suck. Tubby is a decent coach, and they have some talent on that team. Crockett, Colbert(?), huge post player whose name I can't remember. I don't know why, but I don't think they're going to be horrible. Agree their crowd size might be dismal.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good for him. I hope he can stay out of trouble and have a great season. It's a shame things didn't work out for him in Ames.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Late in his freshmen year I thought he was turning into the best player in his class. Really started to excel at doing the dirty work. He and Elim would have been a nice senior duo.

Ya he played with an attitude. More of a true post, than Ejim but same kind of hustle and toughness.

Having him here would likely mean that someone else wasn't here so that's the downside....

He would have really helped the last two seasons as well.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
If I recall correctly he played at 3 different high schools. That makes 7 schools in 7 years - tough to beat that record.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I've always been a great fan of Calvin Godfrey. Would've been exciting to see him here graduating with Ejim. And I imagine he would've been one helluva player as well, considering he would've been in one system for four years, instead of four systems in four years. That being said, no room on the team for players with short fuses and have a drug issue.
But apparently there is room for players like Railey who drink (underage) and drive, then flip their car. And start drunken fights with teammates. Never understood that.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
There could be more to the story that what we know. That's usually the case.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I always liked him here in Ames and am glad to see him doing well down there.

I thought he really had a chance to be that Homan-esque enforcer we'd been missing for years.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
He is on his 4th team in 4 years but appears to have things straightened out a bit.[/QUOTE]

If he has to sit a year for each transfer (?) he can get Social Security by the time he finally gets a degree.