*** ISU @ BYU Game Watch + Radio Show ***

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Due to the women's game on Thursday night, the U.S. Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show will take place at 6 PM on Wednesday this week. As always, we will be live from Benchwarmers in Ankeny. Afterwards we are sticking around for the BYU game watch as the game tips off at 8:30. There will also be a game watch at the Keg Stand in West Des Moines. Go watch the game with fellow Cyclone fans and help support our advertisers!

New Specials for Benchwarmers!
Vodka/Redbulls for $3.50
Beer Special: $2 Draws
$10 one topping pizzas

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Re: *** ISU @ BYU Game Watch + Call in Show ***

The Keg Stand seems like an appropriate place to watch us beat up on the Fightin' Mormons.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

What do we know about BYU? Are they the same team that got killed by Will Clyburn last season? Are they better or worse? Could they potentially blow us out?

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

They are better.. they destroyed Stanford.. not saying Stanford is that great but they are not a push over I don't think... Should be a good game and BYU plays pretty well at home...

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale

They are better.. they destroyed Stanford.. not saying Stanford is that great but they are not a push over I don't think... Should be a good game and BYU plays pretty well at home...

They destroyed them by 9 points

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
and Stanford is also not very good either. They beat Bucknell by 4, Northwestern by 13 (who is 1-2), and Denver by 9

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
omfg....freaking. freshman.
Maybe be helpful. Living at home I always watched the games as we had all of the sports channels. It's not like I don't watch the games and care. There are so many groups on campus that I have no clue where to even start. We know sometimes there are places they will put the game on but we haven't heard anything about them. I hate missing Iowa State games. Maybe I'm missing something but seriously.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Maybe be helpful. Living at home I always watched the games as we had all of the sports channels. It's not like I don't watch the games and care. There are so many groups on campus that I have no clue where to even start. We know sometimes there are places they will put the game on but we haven't heard anything about them. I hate missing Iowa State games. Maybe I'm missing something but seriously.

Lol, relax kiddo. Can't you just go to BWW's or some place like that?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Lol, relax kiddo. Can't you just go to BWW's or some place like that?
I'm sorry if i was abrasive. Don't see any reason to criticize people for wanting to support a team and watch them. I thought about going there but I am a broke a** college student. Was wondering if there was another option.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
When I was in college CA used to have game watches at WestCyde Wings, which is obviously gone now. Do they not have them anywhere anymore? If they do and you attend, just make sure to watch your language...

I might try Clyde's or Wallaby's. I think I watched a game at Clyde's once for this exact reason.

Reactions: jkclone

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
When I was in college CA used to have game watches at WestCyde Wings, which is obviously gone now. Do they not have them anywhere anymore? If they do and you attend, just make sure to watch your language...

I might try Clyde's or Wallaby's. I think I watched a game at Clyde's once for this exact reason.
I'm looking for something that doesn't require eating food. Some of those places would be good if it was an earlier game. This ones 8:30 so I don't want to wait that long to eat and also don't want to eat twice. Thanks for the help though.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
I'm assuming it's a large enough game that there will be plenty of online streams of it. That's probably your best bet.

Reactions: jkclone

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I'm sorry if i was abrasive. Don't see any reason to criticize people for wanting to support a team and watch them. I thought about going there but I am a broke a** college student. Was wondering if there was another option.

I hate the broke college student excuse. Get a job. Sell drugs. Steal backpacks. Income is everywhere.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I hate the broke college student excuse. Get a job. Sell drugs. Steal backpacks. Income is everywhere.
In reality I can but I'm extremely cheap. I don't even like spending meals or dining dollars even though I already payed for them. Even if I worked during the school year I still wouldn't want to go spend money to watch the game. It's not like I won't though. Even when I'm out of school and have a good paying job I won't want to. It was more of stereotyping myself to give a reason.