Kevin Ware cited for speeding in 2013 Dodge Challenger in Octobber

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Kentucky State Police cited Ware on Oct. 26 for driving his 2013 Dodge Challenger 95 mph in a construction zone.

Pitino expects Ware to lose his license, but the guard won't face any team discipline at this time.

"I don't get into parking tickets and things like that, as long as there is no drinking going on," Pitino told ESPN.com. "I chewed [him] out pretty good for being foolish. But as far as punishment, he will lose his license and he will be walking a lot. I hope he likes walking. Hey, it will be good for his leg."

Wow...classy...Pitino doesn't get into piddly little stuff like parking tickets and similar things like going 95 in a construction zone...as long as you're not drinking AND going 95 in a construction zone.

:rolleyes:

TBH...I wouldn't be surprised that no punishment comes out of it...but the forthright nature that he says...meh...NBD...is a little much. "We'll look into it and evaluate if any discipline is appropriate (and then never follow up)" would even be better.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Was it an occupied construction zone though? How often do they have the zones set up and coned off and there is absolutely nobody around? 95 seems a little excessive anywhere, honestly, but still if nobody is around, construction zones **** me off more than anything.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Wow...classy...Pitino doesn't get into piddly little stuff like parking tickets and similar things like going 95 in a construction zone...as long as you're not drinking AND going 95 in a construction zone.

:rolleyes:

TBH...I wouldn't be surprised that no punishment comes out of it...but the forthright nature that he says...meh...NBD...is a little much. "We'll look into it and evaluate if any discipline is appropriate (and then never follow up)" would even be better.

I get what you're saying, but it's not like a regular Louisville student or a person working out in the real world would face consequences for that at work or school, where as you might with a DUI. It comes off kind of *******-y the way he said it, but I get what he's saying.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Was it an occupied construction zone though? How often do they have the zones set up and coned off and there is absolutely nobody around? 95 seems a little excessive anywhere, honestly, but still if nobody is around, construction zones **** me off more than anything.

At 95 MPH and going at least 15-20 MPH faster than the average flow of traffic, he would have no reliable way to tell if the zone was occupied, and occupied or not, the likely constriction of traffic is a hazard which is why it doesn't matter...no matter if they're an annoyance to you or not.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I have ever no issue with letting the state punish for the speed. That's their job. But why is there not a question about how this kid can afford a brand new challenger? That's Pitino's job. If he doesn't do it, then I hope the NCAA would step in (although I know they won't).

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
What a feel-good story! From broken leg to a new Dodge Challenger, the human spirit overcomes adversity once again.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I have no problem with how Pitino is handling it, it's a traffic violation with no alcohol involved.

And for those thinking something is fishy about him having a Dodge Challenger, maybe you don't remember the car Clyburn had last year.

M6WS6

Jan 24, 2011
Ames, IA
I think 2 players from last years ISU mens BB squad had new Camaros...Can't recall who at this time for the life of me but do remember one was bright as hell yellow and the other white. (Lucious and McGee maybe?!?)

I think I could afford a lot nicer car not having college and food to pay for. Shoot I think many get living assistance. I could buy lots of **** if I didnt have to pay for food, college, and living.....

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think 2 players from last years ISU mens BB squad had new Camaros...Can't recall who at this time for the life of me but do remember one was bright as hell yellow and the other white. (Lucious and McGee maybe?!?)

I think I could afford a lot nicer car not having college and food to pay for. Shoot I think many get living assistance. I could buy lots of **** if I didnt have to pay for food, college, and living.....

Yellow = Clyburn

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Wow, the moral high ground that people on this site live on, is amazing. Kids do dumb ****. Hell, half the time there are threads on this site complaining about speed cameras and how 10 mph over is just money gouging. I'm not condoning what the guy did, I rarely speed, but I see people, especially kids doing it all the time. Was it dumb, yeah, but would you expect someone to be suspended from their job, if you job did not include driving, for a speeding ticket? I'm amazed how many people on this site act like they've never done anything wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron