Tyler Haws injury

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Part of me says I hope he doesn't play so the chances of winning are increased. The other part of me says I hope he plays because if we lose and he doesn't even play, how will that look? A win without Him playing isn't as impressive either.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Part of me says I hope he doesn't play so the chances of winning are increased. The other part of me says I hope he plays because if we lose and he doesn't even play, how will that look? A win without Him playing isn't as impressive either.

Oh for the love of God. What the heck is the deal with some of the posters that give a **** about "how it looks?" I swear some of you are so concerned about what others think about ISU you'd rather play a team at full strength and lose than play a team missing a key player and win.

I don't mean to single you out Thompsonclone but several posters were saying the same thing about McGary. SMH.

Just win. Who cares how, just win. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh for the love of God. What the heck is the deal with some of the posters that give a **** about "how it looks?" I swear some of you are so concerned about what others think about ISU you'd rather play a team a full strength and lose than play a team missing a key player and win.

I don't mean to single you out Thompsonclone but people were saying the same thing about McGary. SMH.

As I've said before, W*>L

coolcats

Jun 13, 2010
He has an abdominal strain. He's a good player. He actually reminds a bit of Hoiberg when he was playing. He just goes about his business and before you know it, he has 25 points.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
If Haws played like Mcgary did, then is like our chances. He did not look fully ready to return like Melvin did.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
If Haws played like Mcgary did, then is like our chances. He did not look fully ready to return like Melvin did.

McGary hadn't done anything with the team until a few days before the game. Not the case with Ejim or Haws. I think he plays but hope he doesn't. We win with him out a lot easier but we can still come out with a victory. Shut him down last year.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Oh for the love of God. What the heck is the deal with some of the posters that give a **** about "how it looks?" I swear some of you are so concerned about what others think about ISU you'd rather play a team at full strength and lose than play a team missing a key player and win.

I don't mean to single you out Thompsonclone but several posters were saying the same thing about McGary. SMH.

Absolutely.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

Maybe because tournament seeding is a beauty contest. Build your resume to get a favorable seeding with an easier path to the Sweet 16 and possible beyond.

As much of a homer as I am, I am realistic enough to know that we will not win every game. That is just basketball. Given how weak the conference is perceived to be, we will need every little thing we can get to make our case.

So lighten up Francis.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Maybe because tournament seeding is a beauty contest. Build your resume to get a favorable seeding with an easier path to the Sweet 16 and possible beyond.

As much of a homer as I am, I am realistic enough to know that we will not win every game. That is just basketball. Given how weak the conference is perceived to be, we will need every little thing we can get to make our case.

So lighten up Francis.

You think the selection commitee goes back through every game and looks to see if the main player was out? They just look to see if you won, not if each team is at full speed.

Help Support Us

Become a patron