BYU - any fanatics going to be at the game in Provo?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Wife and I are heading down that way after work, just curious if anyone else from here would be there.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Umm no. It's Provo! Has anyone been to Provo Utah willingly since Fletch in 1985?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Used to live out there, it's a tough place to play. I'll be surprised if we win.

Serious question; do they have bars there? Could you go somewhere and drink beers before/after the game?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is a bar right? Can't think of any other reason to build such a ridiculous, grandiose shrine to anything but beer, booze, shady drug deals and Cougars.

salt-lake-mormon-temple.jpg

Reactions: weR138

st8phan

Nov 7, 2007
Columbia
Not a single one. Might be a BWW 10 miles away. Hell, when I worked in SLC it was hard enough to find a bar by the Utah campus.

I'm guessing you haven't been back to SLC in a while then... no more "Private Clubs" and the local breweries can brew high alcohol beer, etc. Many good changes over the past few years :)

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'm guessing you haven't been back to SLC in a while then... no more "Private Clubs" and the local breweries can brew high alcohol beer, etc. Many good changes over the past few years :)

Exactly, there are plenty of them throughout SLC. Not sure about Provo but I really do think you could get some drinks somewhere. If nothing else I know I've bought beer at a gas station there. Plus there's an In & Out on the way through town you could eat at.

flinkpoyd01

Sep 27, 2009
SLC, UT
Anyone else going? I may have to head down alone as the game starts as my daughter is typically heading to bed and no babysitter so my wife would be staying at home with her. If there's a group of fanatics heading down to the game I'd definitely meet up with you (nohomo of course)

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Anyone else going? I may have to head down alone as the game starts as my daughter is typically heading to bed and no babysitter so my wife would be staying at home with her. If there's a group of fanatics heading down to the game I'd definitely meet up with you (nohomo of course)

Grab a buddy, buy him an Iowa State shirt, make him cheer for Iowa State, boom. There ya go. More ISU fans there the better! Its going to hostile for our guys.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This will be a huge test. I'll be way more surprised with a win Wednesday than I was yesterday. If we win this, we may be looking at something special, IMO.

It will take more of what we saw Sunday..... Freddie ball on offense with tough tenacious LE style rebounding, along with a little Floyd-esq defense sprinkled in.

flinkpoyd01

Sep 27, 2009
SLC, UT
Grab a buddy, buy him an Iowa State shirt, make him cheer for Iowa State, boom. There ya go. More ISU fans there the better! Its going to hostile for our guys.

I've got plenty of buddies that would go if it wasn't an hour's drive south of where I and most of them live. For a non-fan that's a little too far for a game that's not going to end until late on a wed night.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
All you have to do is find a Utah fan, they'd love another chance to root against BYU and they already have a bunch of red gear.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron