School record 25 NBA scouts at tomorrow's game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Probably no way to determine this, but does anyone know how many scouts will be at the average Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas game this year?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Probably no way to determine this, but does anyone know how many scouts will be at the average Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas game this year?

Well there were 68 scouts at that big event on Tuesday, the State Farm Championship Classic or whatever.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Granted, we're playing Michigan, but all of those scouts aren't coming to Ames just to see their players. It's quite the testament on Fred considering we're an unranked team with our best player hurt and that many are still coming.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
How many favors do you think Fred called in?

Makes ers you wonder.

I have wondered this.... maybe he picked up a couple plane tix to persuade some to come.

don't get me wrong - there is some serious talent in Hilton tomorrow (most of the NBA-level are the Michigan guys), but I don't think for a minute when you're trying to convince a guy like RV to choose the often overlooked team... you don't pull out all the stops... ALL. THE. STOPS.

I'm a little surprised VEISHEA didn't get rescheduled for this week.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
That's an amazing number for the Clones. Who do you think they're here to see outside of the Michigan guys? Niang, Kane, Ejim, maybe an early peek at Monte or Thomas?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's Vaughn's official visit right? So he'll be working out with the team and coaches today or tomorrow. It seems likely that the scouts would be invited, no?

The 25 number has to be a big selling point to Vaughn

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
I have wondered this.... maybe he picked up a couple plane tix to persuade some to come.

don't get me wrong - there is some serious talent in Hilton tomorrow (most of the NBA-level are the Michigan guys), but I don't think for a minute when you're trying to convince a guy like RV to choose the often overlooked team... you don't pull out all the stops... ALL. THE. STOPS.

I'm a little surprised VEISHEA didn't get rescheduled for this week.

I could come down and burn a couch or dumpster.:wideeyed::jimlad:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
It's Vaughn's official visit right? So he'll be working out with the team and coaches today or tomorrow. It seems likely that the scouts would be invited, no?

The 25 number has to be a big selling point to Vaughn

Im watching Vaughn play LIVE in Nevada right now - he won't be in Ames until tomorrow.