Monte Morris v. Derrick Walton Jr.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It will be interesting if they do match up on Sunday. They were teammates in AAU, and Walton finished second to Monte in last year's Michigan Mr. Basketball.

I'm interested to see how CFH does the rotation. It could be he will try to take advantage of having senior Kane against freshman Walton.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Monte will be the first one off the bench unless one of our 'bigs' get hurt (hopefully Ejim can play some spot minutes in that case..) You have to know Monte thinks he's is better than Derrick and personally.. I would take Monte. I'm excited to see what he does Sunday.

Also.. has anyone else noticed how Monte can make some of these guys look plain dumb with some of these steals? He averaged a crazy amount of steals in HS if I remember right. Looks like those numbers weren't a fluke he has some crafty hands

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Wonder why MM wasn't offered by UM or MSU?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
I'd be curious to know how many schools make scholarship offers with 24 hour ultimatums. That seems sketchy to me and I would do the same as Monte did: feel uncomfortable and not accept it.

My understanding is that after Walton committed, they already had one PG for the class, so they wanted to pursue other recruits for '13. Giving him a choice was probably better than revoking the offer outright. Recruiting is a messy process, and is rarely fair.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
My understanding is that after Walton committed, they already had one PG for the class, so they wanted to pursue other recruits for '13. Giving him a choice was probably better than revoking the offer outright. Recruiting is a messy process, and is rarely fair.

Consider it a blessing. Morris will hopefully be the better of the two. If Man Man had committed to Michigan, we probably wouldn't have gotten Walton or another point guard of the caliber that we have now. This makes me happy. Beilein will be angry when Morris lights it up and makes Michigan look stupid on Sunday.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It will be interesting if they do match up on Sunday. They were teammates in AAU, and Walton finished second to Monte in last year's Michigan Mr. Basketball.

I'm interested to see how CFH does the rotation. It could be he will try to take advantage of having senior Kane against freshman Walton.

I bet Kane is on Lavert or Stauskas. My guess is maybe Thomas is on Walton.