Friday QOTW - 11/15 - Why is your life awesome?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last week my thread got kinda one sided with just me... so this week's question is:

Why is your life awesome?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm successful at school, barely doing a damn thing and passing beautifully

I'm highly successful in relation to my career, I stand out in my graduating class and had multiple offers for this upcoming summer for internships. I accepted one at a large airplane manufacturing company this upcoming summer.

I have pretty damn good friends.

Um... that's about it I guess. But I'm doing what makes me happy and as long as I am generally happy, I can't complain.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Because I crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
My life is awesome because I..am...awesome

tumblr_ln7cis3gi71qh6v9d.gif

plus kids, wife, family/friends...and I just took a job change which means less stress AND more money.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
My life is awesome because I am going to the game against Michigan on Sunday and I am pumped.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
My wife and kids are the most wonderful a person could hope for.

We have been very fortunate and not wanted for anything.

We have wonderful friends and relatives.

We work to live, not live to work!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have a wonderful wife...two young healthy and fun children...great parents...close relationships with my siblings and their families...in-laws are cool as well!

Not to get sappy...but when people ask me what my favorite part of my life has been...I honestly feel that every year has been better than the last! And none of them have been bad. I am not the most positive person in the world but when I sit back and look at my life from a larger viewpoint...I have been damn lucky! And I appreciate it!

GO STATE!!!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
ummmmmm I ran over three miles nonstop last night. That was pretty awesome for someone who would probably only have previously run that much if there were a bear chasing me or ice cream at the end.

I have a pretty ok husband and we are going to be able to buy a legit big kid house next year. In fact, with payday today, my little down payment goal tracker as us back spot on for hitting my arbitrary deadline.

Also, no angry French or unreadable German emails so far today!

So I guess life is going ok :)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I have a wonderful wife...two young healthy and fun children...great parents...close relationships with my siblings and their families...in-laws are cool as well!

Not to get sappy...but when people ask me what my favorite part of my life has been...I honestly feel that every year has been better than the last! And none of them have been bad. I am not the most positive person in the world but when I sit back and look at my life from a larger viewpoint...I have been damn lucky! And I appreciate it!

GO STATE!!!

Too late

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Life keeps getting better. Beautiful wife and 3 awesome daughters. Great job with great hours and income. Live and constantly getting more involved in a great community, and tonight I get to go coach an awesome group of kids in the best HS rivalry in the state

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
My life is awesome because I have to use the low urinal in the men's room. And it's not because I'm short.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
because I am on the green side of the grass and by all rights should not be. I refuse to be pulled down although surrounded by negativity on all sides. Life has taught me to listen, observe, think, and act accordingly instead of opening my pie hole and spewing forth garbage based on hearsay or raw emotion. Life is good if you give it an opportunity.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've got an excellent job, a great wife, nice house. I am healthy and so is everybody else in life :knock on wood:

And I make beer. :twitcy:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Retired, no work, NO ALARM CLOCK to jar me awake everyday. No meaningless bull crap to do day in and day out to take time away from my actual job duties. I found the older you get the less tolerance you have for the BS at work.

I get an actual monthly pension which is plenty enough to live on when combined with life savings.

Spending winters in a ocean front condo in Florida is pretty awesome, too. I wear shorts 300+ days of the year.

Lost 30+ lbs so feeling more healthy and my family/friends are all around.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I slept a full nine hours last night, and woke up after the sun came up.