Notebook: Rhoads will evaluate "everything" after the season

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Breaking News: Coach with 1 win to try to figure out why.

Of course he'll look at everything, but expect Mess to be back per what someone in the know told me.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Of course he'll look at everything, but expect Mess to be back per what someone in the know told me.

Did they hear that at 31 Flavors last night?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Interesting that your source already knows what CPR will decide at the end of the season. Can I get some lottery numbers from your source?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If CPR actually brings this Mess back next year I am out. Twelve years straight of season tix, even when I lived in CA. No way am I going to support such nonsense.

JHC did he not see the film of the bowl game? We need to hire David Yost and turn all offense over to him.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If CPR actually brings this Mess back next year I am out. Twelve years straight of season tix, even when I lived in CA. No way am I going to support such nonsense.

JHC did he not see the film of the bowl game? We need to hire David Yost and turn all offense over to him.

Why wait? Unload them right now. You are doing more harm than good anyway.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I will bet anyone right now that Courtney Messingham is still a coach at ISU next year. Any person, any amount.

I don't doubt he'll still be given the opportunity to coach, but if he is the OC next year than I, and this may be the first time I've ever said this in this history of CF, have to agree with joefrog.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I almost guarantee somebody on this board will complain about Rhoads being done with preparation on Thursday nights and that he's watching Hawaii-Five-0 instead of gameplanning

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Put me in the camp of people who wouldn't be surprised to see Mess back next year. It seemed to me that Rhoads made it a point last night to defend him on the call in show. As others have said, he discussed how Mess is better in almost every category than Herman was, and he also said that he doesn't feel playcalling is a huge issue.

Alcyclone

Jan 2, 2012

Not only have many decided that CPR is a bad coach, but a liar as well. I will take him at his word at least that he'll look at everything. I would hope that we would give him that much credit to look at everything and than make decisions.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Mess will be back to throw some more qbs under the bus.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
“We will be looking at scheme. We will be looking at fundamentals. We will be looking at personnel. We will be looking at opponent defenses in this league. We will be looking at opponent offenses that are having success in this league and why they are having success.” - Paul Rhoads

Apparently this is all something new we'll be doing starting just this year?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Put me in the camp of people who wouldn't be surprised to see Mess back next year. It seemed to me that Rhoads made it a point last night to defend him on the call in show. As others have said, he discussed how Mess is better in almost every category than Herman was, and he also said that he doesn't feel playcalling is a huge issue.
How about coaching? If we have so much talent recruited, it does not show on the field. Must be coaching up problem.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Mess will be back to throw some more qbs under the bus.

Nah, I think Paul will get Austin Flynn on staff to do the quarterback coaching. Sage will be put under contract as a consultant helping Flynn and doing quarterback evaluation and development. Messingham will be in charge of game video.

Last edited: