wow what is this

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
That's "journalists" basing their reporting and questions off a very vocal minority on message boards.

I'd also say that is a sign of the times.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
My fury is building up, now if someone would just tell me what about that article I'm supposed to direct it at...

The most common target has been offensive coordinator Courtney Messingham, also the quarterbacks coach of a program that has had six different starters since Rhoads became the coach in 2009. Never during that span has one quarterback started each game during a season, and that includes the present Grant Rohach-Sam Richardson carousel.

This right here tells pretty much everything I need to know.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I see nothing wrong with the article or questioning the performance of the offense. The fact that the ISU coaches were taken by surprise that tcu defended the offense exactly like the last five team did is laughable. I know it is hard, and the team is beat up, but every minute of planning for OU on offense needs to be spent on figuring out how to beat a 9 man front.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I know it's been said before, but it's not like CPR is going to come out and say, "Yes, I'm going to fire at least two assistant coaches at the end of the season! But I'm keeping which ones a secret so they will all live in dread for the last few games! Wah ha ha ha!!!" This is all coach speak.

Even in the Applebee's call in show last night (monday night) he was both critial and complementary of the OC in the same thought. He's guarding his words & be very careful at this point. It's already obvious he's not going to make any changes in staff during the season.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Except that he's only been quarterbacks coach the past two years. And the past guy that we hated more them him is now head of one of the best offenses in college football.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
There are three games left in the season. Why throw the doomed coaches under the bus now? He's going to wait until after Thanksgiving weekend as he should.