I think TCU should fire Gary Patterson and his whole staff

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
He is obviously a terrible coach, look at them this year, sure they beat a hapless Cyclone team but it took a td in the last minute to do it with the help of an anomoly punt. Sure I know their have been injuries and defections but those don't matter, how could they. There is no excuse for that proud TCU program to be run into the ground like this. And yes I know that TCU program is proud because of Gary Patterson but so what he stinks. I thought they had the talent to win the Big 12, Gary Patterson should have been building depth these last couple of years. Afterall how many years has he been at the school? This should NEVER happen in year whatever it is. See how stupid some of you sound?

Reactions: Cyclonesince78

Spam

May 21, 2008
If CPR had taken ISU the highs that GP has taken TCU, then CPR should be given a pass for taking ISU to the lows GP has taken TCU.

Problem is, CPR highs are very average, and CPR lows are lower than GP lows.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
If CPR had taken ISU the highs that GP has taken TCU, then CPR should be given a pass for taking ISU to the lows GP has taken TCU.

Problem is, CPR highs are very average, and CPR lows are lower than GP lows*.

*See Texas HS Talent

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

You mean the highs before they actually had to play real competition?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Well, Mack was given 3 years and look how he is doing now. I think Patterson should be given a pass of at least 1.5 years to turn things around

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Danny Mac has a much better team this year. Sagarin says they are about forty spots better than us at the moment. Frank Solich too.

Why do we run such a crappy offense after five years? We have no confidence that we can move the ball when we do get it back. An average defense can shut us down.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Didn't they win a Rose Bowl? Pretty good "high point" against pretty good competition.

Also went up to Boise and handed them their only loss a couple years ago.

Nine top 25 finishes since 2000.

And as others have said, beat us in Houston in the mid 2000s:smile:

I'm not sure Gary needs to go, but like us, it appears he needs to re-think the offensive side of the ball based on their output the last couple of years.

Still, in an extremely bad year for them, they still may win six and go bowling.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
It's not wins and losses. Look at TCUs games, they were in most of their games. Even the ones they weren't, weren't a total disaster like half of our games have been. Their biggest lost was 23 points to Texas, then 14 to OU. I think we could have lived with those kinds of results in a rebuilding year. Even losing, and losing a lot of players, TCU at least still looks like they belong in the league.

The big difference is that last TCU drive everyone is talking about. They had a chance to go out, finish a drive and win the game. Guess what they did. Guess what ISU didn't do? If nothing else, Patterson is at least winning the games he should this year. The rest of them, they are keeping it close. I'd gladly take that and with his history, give him a pass for a down year.

Spam

May 21, 2008

In his first year in real competition, he (gary patterson) won 4 conference games. CPR has yet to reach that number and he is in his 5th year.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
What a ridiculous post. Gary Patterson is a proven winner. He's won a Rose Bowl and he's had 4 teams finish in the top 10.

It took a 1 point win in a bowl game win over an awful Minnesota team in his first season for CPR to record his ONLY +.500 season in 5 years on the job. (And even at that, for the record, I do not think CPR should be fired)

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
When is it alright for fans to call for a coach to be fired? After it has happened? No way is CPR going to be let go anytime soon and most likely shouldn't be but if seasons like this continue to happen...the Jack will look like it did in the early 90s! Half-empty! I would bet TCU will have a new coach before ISU will...unless TCU gets it going again soon! Patterson is a very good coach...but TCU has high expectations for football (realistic or not)!

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
While we're at it, I think Bob Stoops should be fired. He had 14 years to recruit and develop a legitimate QB for his 2013 season, and failed to do so. He has now lost to the Horns as well as the lowly Bears of Waco. It is completely unacceptable they are not challenging for the National Championship in year 15.

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012
He is obviously a terrible coach, look at them this year, sure they beat a hapless Cyclone team but it took a td in the last minute to do it with the help of an anomoly punt. Sure I know their have been injuries and defections but those don't matter, how could they. There is no excuse for that proud TCU program to be run into the ground like this. And yes I know that TCU program is proud because of Gary Patterson but so what he stinks. I thought they had the talent to win the Big 12, Gary Patterson should have been building depth these last couple of years. Afterall how many years has he been at the school? This should NEVER happen in year whatever it is. See how stupid some of you sound?

If they were without a coaching staff, maybe we could have beaten them.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Was the OP serious? I kinda thought he was joking

The OP was trying to infer that their situation is like ours, which it most definitely is not. Winning the Insight bowl is the highlight of Rhoads career.

The TCU situation more closely mirrors what Iowa dealt with last year, except injuries may be the primary reason that TCU is struggling.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
I am sorry, but it is absolutely OK to question a coach when you're staring down an 1-11 season including a loss to UNI (at home) and blowout conference loses on back to back to back weeks. Should Rhoads be fired? Hell no. Should his seat be getting really hot next year if we tank again? Absolutely.