Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their job.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

Only problem I saw today came from some family who apparently needed to have every item explained. Something took forever, but things went smoothly once they moved on.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

So what exactly is a clone cone? Whats the similarities and differences to an ice cream cone? And what about a hot dog? Is it actually made out of dog?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

What makes me chuckle is when people expect demand to be immediately fulfilled at the highest traffic times. Don't want to wait? Don't go at halftime. Don't go 10 minutes before tip and expect to get in to see the tip since everyone else is doing the same thing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Ridiculous year after year.

What would you like them to do better?

Is there something specific that went wrong?

Just saying they suck doesn't really help anything.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

FIRE ALL OF THE CONCESSION STAND EMPLOYEES!!!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Also, I feel the title of this thread is redundant and repetitive.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

What makes me chuckle is when people expect demand to be immediately fulfilled at the highest traffic times. Don't want to wait? Don't go at halftime. Don't go 10 minutes before tip and expect to get in to see the tip since everyone else is doing the same thing.

No kidding, first media timeout, no lines. Wait, I mean second media timeout, there's always huge lines during the first one, don't go out then

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Seemed fine to me, some lines but nothing outrageous. My cheese tots were delicious.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny

I for one would love to have a vendor that brings me clone cones. Make it happen JP!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

CloneCones would be so ****** at this thread.

HILL

Sep 23, 2013

They have a lot of young kids that have been forced into action, what do you expect? The fryer lady has a bad wrist and the clone cone guy has carpal tunnel.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City

Levy Concessions. Email JP (not kidding, he has answered about them in the past).

I was actually more upset about the students selling t-shirts in the stands, they saw me, acknowledged me, then did not come to my seat. FIRE THE STUDENTS!!!!!!!:jimlad:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I agree with the OP. The line was long before the game, so we went on up to our seats. At the 13.30 mark in the first half, we headed downstairs during a time-out. We just wanted two brats...which is fortunate, because they ran out of hot dogs. We got back to our seats at the 6 minute mark. That's seven and a half minutes of GAME time, not actual time. There were four customer groups (one or two people each) ahead of us in our line when we got down there. One guy and his two kids left out of frustration. We stuck it out, but I'm sorry...that is NOT a high traffic time, and they were simply incompetent. We have run into the same thing all season at JT also - the groups that "manage" the concessions closest to our seats are amazingly slow. I'm all for letting local groups (churches, student groups, etc) use these for fundraisers, but not if it costs me so much game time.

Rant over.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

And could they please put people up front who can figure out the change from a 20 when you buy two six dollar brats????

Okay...NOW, rant over.
maybe...

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011

LOL.

I experienced the same problem with getting change for a $20.

I had to tell the guy he gave me $5 too much. He set the $$ on the counter and counted it again and still looked confused. I told him to trust me.

Also, if you are going to hand me multiple drinks, if you could not put your thumb on the inside of the cup and into the pop, that would be great.

It wasn't a big deal because I gave it to my wife, but what if I'd only ordered one for myself?

Reactions: cyclone22

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I use a simple solution and don't get concessions at the games. The prices are outrageous. Two hours without food or beverage won't kill ya.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

Help Support Us

Become a patron