Sweet Caroline Curse Strikes Again

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
How many times do we have to do this. 3 home games, in the game or a lead, played SC and a loss everytime. Save it for after or not at all. P.S. why do they think we give a flying rats rear to see highlights of Missouri and Auburn during our game?

acody

Nov 25, 2006
How many times do we have to do this. 3 home games, in the game or a lead, played SC and a loss everytime. Save it for after or not at all. P.S. why do they think we give a flying rats rear to see highlights of Missouri and Auburn during our game?

stop that song now. It's lame, annoying and not a stadium song to pump anyone up. Women and old fans seem to like it so it serves a purpose in that regard.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Neil Diamond is horrible

neil-diamond-o.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Gorm

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Neil Diamond is horrible

Would you settle for band featuring a Slash, Peter Criss, & Elvis impersonators performing a cover?

[video=youtube;p2amU_FkZJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2amU_FkZJo[/video]

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Personally I hate the song, but it's obvious that a lot of people like it (especially the oldsters) so I can live with it. But it should absolutely not be played until the game is won. It should be a tradition associated with winning, not simply being in a competitive game going into the fourth quarter. They should play something a little more raucous during the break before the fourth quarter.

All of this said, I freely admit to my bias that everything sucks when you're losing. If we're 7-2 right now they could probably play the intro to My Little Pony between quarters and I wouldn't care.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame and CyBobby

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
How many times do we have to do this. 3 home games, in the game or a lead, played SC and a loss everytime. Save it for after or not at all. P.S. why do they think we give a flying rats rear to see highlights of Missouri and Auburn during our game?[/QUOTE]

The conference approved schools showing highlights of other games trying to fight the overall downturn in attendance nation wide. I think the thought was folks are staying home to watch games and if they could see some highlights while at a game maybe that would help. I don't think it will work but it's something they can try that doesn't cost anything.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Personally I hate the song, but it's obvious that a lot of people like it (especially the oldsters) so I can live with it. But it should absolutely not be played until the game is won. It should be a tradition associated with winning, not simply being in a competitive game going into the fourth quarter. They should play something a little more raucous during the break before the fourth quarter.

All of this said, I freely admit to my bias that everything sucks when you're losing. If we're 7-2 right now they could probably play the intro to My Little Pony between quarters and I wouldn't care.

To me it looks like the whole student section gets involved - maybe "oldsters" means something different than what I think??

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
To me it looks like the whole student section gets involved - maybe "oldsters" means something different than what I think??

Don't recall saying anything about how oldsters like it and students don't.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Don't recall saying anything about how oldsters like it and students don't.

Understood - I just don't like it when people call out the old folks. These people have been supporting ISU longer than many on this board have been alive - they have suffered through countless losing seasons - they deserve some respect.

• Winner
Reactions: stateofmind

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
P.S. why do they think we give a flying rats rear to see highlights of Missouri and Auburn during our game?

I want to see those highlights. Hell, I wish they'd play more highlights more often throughout the game so I can watch good teams playing football to get a break from watching our team. As someone already mentioned, I'm tempted to stay home to watch the other games that are on in our timeslot. Not saying that these quick highlights they play are keeping me going to games, but it's nice to see what else is happening across the country.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Understood - I just don't like it when people call out the old folks. These people have been supporting ISU longer than many on this board have been alive - they have suffered through countless losing seasons - they deserve some respect.

Who's calling anyone out? I observed that they especially like the song. Don't look for an insult where there isn't one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron