High Praise for Kane

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I know Bleacher Report can be quite a joke and doesn't always represent the most reliable source, but they listed Deandre VERY HIGH on their BCS Conference Player Rankings so I thought I would share. However (having fun with wishful thinking of course), if his play represents anything close to that ranking... It'll be one heck of a year. For once I hope BR gets something right. Haha.

Ejim and Niang are also both ranked on the list.

Kane: #7
Ejim: #71
Niang: #112

P.S. FWIW the report also lists Marble, White, and Gesell for Iowa. Just not as high as our guys :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1831950-ranking-top-160-bcs-conference-college-basketball-players

Last edited:

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Keep in mind these aren't necessarily the best players in order but his fantasy picks....meaning they will fill the stat sheet.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Holy smokes 6 months ago I never heard of Kane. Then I wondered if he was good enough to start. Now we have a writer giving his top 200 players and Kane is listed as #7. This guy thinks Kane is better than Ejim? Things are getting pretty interesting around here!

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Holy smokes 6 months ago I never heard of Kane. Then I wondered if he was good enough to start. Now we have a writer giving his top 200 players and Kane is listed as #7. This guy thinks Kane is better than Ejim? Things are getting pretty interesting around here!

Yeah I wouldn't take much confidence in the report. Like psycln11 said, it's based on 'fantasy' value. But, I still found it pretty interesting that anyone would predict Deandre anywhere that high. Can't be a bad thing. Here's hoping to a great year.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I wouldn't be surprised if he's better than Ejim. I would be surprised if he's the 7th best player from a major conference and the 3rd best player in the Big 12. In saying that I hope they are right. While I'd be surprised if he's that good I do think it is a possibility.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
A little like Harrison Barnes?
I have to admit, a player passes up Iowa State and goes and plays for Roy Williams, he gets on my, (I don't give a **** about him list.) So I don't even know how that guy plays. And I don't really care. That is just me.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
It's fantasy basketball. That's why DeAndre is so high. He has triple double potential. It's also why Gary Harris is so low.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Will be interesting to see Kane over a longer period of time vs. big time competition before I go nutty on him. Like what I've seen so far, but I would think we'll be needing him to show some improved outside shooting ability. Not sure that's going to be a part of his game.

cyclone2001

Feb 26, 2012
I cant wait For Melvin to get back, these guys are going to torment the opposition.....big guys are going to be to slow to guard them and the smaller guys are going to be overpowered. Fred take us to the final four soon.....cant wait.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Kind if makes sense if it's for fantasy basketball. Jabari Parker at 11 is kind of a joke. I think he might be better than wiggins this year. It's crazy to think that wiggins should be going into his senior year in highschool

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Kane's job on this team-

(1) shut someone down
(2) get to the rim/deal
(3) post up midgets

Jack three's is not on the list

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Kane's job on this team-

(1) shut someone down
(2) get to the rim/deal
(3) post up midgets

Jack three's is not on the list

Yep, and it shouldn't be on the list either. His one attempt in the exhibition game looked awful. He is so much like Curtis Stinson it isn't even funny. But he's taller than Curtis was, correct?

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Yep, and it shouldn't be on the list either. His one attempt in the exhibition game looked awful. He is so much like Curtis Stinson it isn't even funny. But he's taller than Curtis was, correct?
an inch or 2, looks much longer than Curtis though.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Kind if makes sense if it's for fantasy basketball. Jabari Parker at 11 is kind of a joke. I think he might be better than wiggins this year. It's crazy to think that wiggins should be going into his senior year in highschool

I thought he just decided against doing a 5th prep school year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron