Oglesby out

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Oh noes!!! Who will be their 27% sharpshooter now?

Reactions: Clonegrad07

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
How will the Hawks ever recover?? Who will take his place shooting 20% from behind the ark and no defense??

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I'm interested to see how Peter does tonight. He was 1 of 7 from the floor for their exhibition, and reportedly played BAD defense. I'm sure he'll hit shots sooner rather than later, but Oglesby and Jok are their "shooters"... If Oglesby is out, and Jok is a defensive liability, can they stretch the floor? Marble, Gessell, and McCabe are decent shooters, and Uthoff should be as well (he was also less than impressive - statisticslly - during the exhibition).

Hawks will still be a tough out. If they can't shoot - I imagine they make it a foul shot game.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Oglesby was one of their better perimeter defenders. That shows you what a liability the rest of their guards are on that end of the floor.

Having the same talent back and older doesn't mean that your team is any better. I really think they'll struggle to finish better than 7th in the Big Ten and will be a bubble team at best.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I'm interested to see how Peter does tonight. He was 1 of 7 from the floor for their exhibition, and reportedly played BAD defense. I'm sure he'll hit shots sooner rather than later, but Oglesby and Jok are their "shooters"... If Oglesby is out, and Jok is a defensive liability, can they stretch the floor? Marble, Gessell, and McCabe are decent shooters, and Uthoff should be as well (he was also less than impressive - statisticslly - during the exhibition).

Hawks will still be a tough out. If they can't shoot - I imagine they make it a foul shot game.
Jok is sooooo slowwwwww now. Watched him in High School and at the Heartland shootout in Des Moines. People were just flying past him. Custer made it look so easy. Yes Jok can shoot but he's a liability defensively and will have a hard time getting open.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Josh Oglesby out 6 weeks for the Hawks due to a broken bone in foot. Jok to take his place.

That evens things a bit for when they play us with Melvin also out, though theirs won't be as big of a loss.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm calling it when we beat them the excuses will be its because Oglesby was out.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm calling it when we beat them the excuses will be its because Oglesby was out.

Let's just beat them first. I have too many bad memories of redheads alley opping all over us last year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Iowa will be tough. Oglesby playing or not playing has zero impact on my opinion of the game.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Damn it. That's one less guy that can't make a three pointer. Worse for us than them. A guy gets hurt and Iowa's 3 point shooting % likely goes up. Strange but true.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Iowa will be a competitive team this year despite Olglesy's injury. They should roll on UNC Willmington tonight. We get a preview tonight of our opponent on Sunday! Fred should just have the players watch the game tonight in a meeting, and critique and formulate a game plan..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron