Ejim Update

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I saw him walking around at the exhibition, he looked like he was walking and moving just fine. Obviously doesn't it mean anything, but it's a good sign he'll be here sooner rather than later

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Ditched the crutches and walking without much pain or swelling. Sure seems to be ahead of the original timetable.

Men

Man I would love to see him back for the Michigan game but I'm sure that is way too hopeful on my part. We can definitely beat them either way but having Melvin back would make me feel very confident!

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I dont think anything good comes out of rushing him back to play Michigan. There are 18 games in 2014 that matter a lot more than that 1 in December. I hope even if he is feeling better that they dont push it and get him reinjured.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I dont think anything good comes out of rushing him back to play Michigan. There are 18 games in 2014 that matter a lot more than that 1 in December. I hope even if he is feeling better that they dont push it and get him reinjured.

I don't know, I'd consider beating or taking Michigan to the buzzer being a pretty good thing.

Rest easy, I'm sure Fred's not willing to risk his senior year and the season on one game.

Last edited:

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

Agreed and I've said since his injury was first reported that it's better he got hurt now rather than December or January but I'd still be pretty pumped to see him tear **** up against last years runner up. His injury COULD wind up being a real positive down the road though. If we can establish ourselves without him, just imagine how strong we'll be when he comes back!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I think we are capable of winning without Ejim. And the experience we get now will just make us better when we get Ejim back.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

We play Michigan in November.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

The tourney committee really values non conference resumes a lot and even without that, Michigan will be a top 5 opponent on our schedule this year and easily the best non conference team. Having Ejim back would be huge, especially to help build the team's confidence if we win.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Is this really a debate? I'm sure Fred has Ejim's and the teams best interest at heart. If the dr/trainers say he is good to go for Michigan, great. If there is any risk of further injury I'm sure he won't play. Does anyone have anywhere close to enough knowledge of the situation to say anything beyond that?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'd love it if he was able to come back to practice before Michigan but Fred keeps saying that he isn't ready and won't play the game. Then Fred inserts him into the starting lineup at the last minute. Hilton would explode when they announce the starting lineup.

Reactions: CTTB78

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Is this really a debate? I'm sure Fred has Ejim's and the teams best interest at heart. If the dr/trainers say he is good to go for Michigan, great. If there is any risk of further injury I'm sure he won't play. Does anyone have anywhere close to enough knowledge of the situation to say anything beyond that?

Well you've just killed everything but half the Off Topic Forum with that logic.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

What else would there be beyond that? That is the whole situation. Will he be healthy enough to play without risking injuring it again? And how healthy does he have to be to not have to worry about injuring it again? That's all there is.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I still believe he will be back for the Michigan game. A really good performance against Mitch McGary will boost his NBA chances too.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Is this really a debate? I'm sure Fred has Ejim's and the teams best interest at heart. If the dr/trainers say he is good to go for Michigan, great. If there is any risk of further injury I'm sure he won't play. Does anyone have anywhere close to enough knowledge of the situation to say anything beyond that?[/QUOTE

no one is saying ejim should play hurt. just good news that he is ahead of schedule. and the injury may not be as bad as previously thought. wont know until he gets that scan.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'd like for him to be the first player off the bench in a dramatic Hilton moment.

I want him to have his Michael Jordan flu-game moment, and go off for about 40 and 15 and have to be carried off by teammates.