NOTEBOOK: Gannon is hopeful; Knott to likely miss spring

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Geeeez. Great news. Will Knott ever be the same player again? Man, the news just keeps getting better and better.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just curious, why do you think he would have benefited from not playing this year? He already redshirted last year.

I think they mean an offseason of lifting, getting stronger, learning the position better in spring practices, etc.

He will lose all of that. Who knows what kind of player he'll be going forward with this kind of injury?

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I think they mean an offseason of lifting, getting stronger, learning the position better in spring practices, etc.

He will lose all of that. Who knows what kind of player he'll be going forward with this kind of injury?
Fair enough, I read that as off season as in not playing. My bad.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

He won't lose "all of that." That's ridiculous. He will still lift. He will still learn the position. It won't be at the rate that it could have been had he stayed healthy, but it isn't like the kid is going to sit around playing video games eating Cheetos for the next 6 months.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
He won't lose "all of that." That's ridiculous. He will still lift. He will still learn the position. It won't be at the rate that it could have been had he stayed healthy, but it isn't like the kid is going to sit around playing video games eating Cheetos for the next 6 months.

omg THIS. It annoys me when people see an athlete with a sports injury and they act as if no one has gotten stronger, faster, smarter over the course off the recovery. If their assumptions were right then Adrian Peterson would have been done by now.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

No kidding. But he is having SURGERY on his hip/groin, and it is severe enough that he is missing an entire spring. That pretty much eliminates all leg work whatsoever on lifting. Add to that all the spring practices he will be missing, that is huge.

Everyone always comments about how important spring is in a player's development, so we can't all of the sudden now say it isn't important anymore. That doesn't make sense.

You can think it's no big deal, I'm sure Luke and the coaches probably feel much different.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
A clonedude sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

-Winston Churchill

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
A clonedude sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

-Winston Churchill

Cute. Not much of a response though.

All I know is that I'd rather see Luke Knott get an entire offseason to get bigger, stronger, and work on his techniques as a LB. But, as some have said, I guess it's no big deal. I'm sure he doesn't need it. He's already as good as he needs to be, right?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
i'm real surprised people haven't ignore listed clonedude.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We all know what a hip injury did to Bo Jackson. Hopefully Luke has a better outcome.

That was my thought exactly when I first read CW's post about him needing hip surgery, but I didn't want to go there. Glad someone else was thinking the same thing though.

You cannot possibly take any injury too lightly. Something like this could be a career ender. You just never know. But all the kool-aid drinkers just automatically think it's no big deal and he'll be back stronger than ever because..... you know..... Adrian Petersen did it.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Cute. Not much of a response though.

All I know is that I'd rather see Luke Knott get an entire offseason to get bigger, stronger, and work on his techniques as a LB. But, as some have said, I guess it's no big deal. I'm sure he doesn't need it. He's already as good as he needs to be, right?

What exactly is the alternative again? I really hope that if you have children you don't crush their souls with your incessant negativity. Luke will survive. We all will survive. Breathe.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
No kidding. But he is having SURGERY on his hip/groin, and it is severe enough that he is missing an entire spring. That pretty much eliminates all leg work whatsoever on lifting. Add to that all the spring practices he will be missing, that is huge.

Everyone always comments about how important spring is in a player's development, so we can't all of the sudden now say it isn't important anymore. That doesn't make sense.

You can think it's no big deal, I'm sure Luke and the coaches probably feel much different.

I never said it wasn't a big deal. I talked to Luke today. Did you? All I did was note that it isn't as catastrophic as you inaccurately assumed it would be.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
We all know what a hip injury did to Bo Jackson. Hopefully Luke has a better outcome.
Bo's hip injury was due to misdiagnosis and the cartilage deteriorated due to lack of blood flow caused by dislocating his hip. I'm not sure what Luke's exact injury is, but diagnosis for hip injuries have come a long ways in the last 20 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron