TCU, KS Support

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Just got done watching the weekly press conference where Woody and George were interviewed. Woody was questioned on what it meant to run through the tunnel only two more times as an ISU football player. I couldn't help but feel his sadness over the finality of his college career. That brings me to this post.

I know that we have had an extremely disappointing year and there is no way any fan, coach or player wanted this as an outcome. But despite the lack of success on the field this year, these 18 seniors have been a part of some very fun, entertaining and magical moments in cyclone football history. They were here to give to the fans many firsts. Those moments we enjoyed a ton and want more of, thus making this year even harder to swallow.

We have different opinions and debate daily on what needs to happen to this program in order to have more of those moments in the future, but one thing we can all agree on is this is where we are RIGHT NOW. For these 18 seniors they have worked hard, done all that has been asked of them and unfortunately deserve more. I encourage our fan base to come out and support these young men two more times not because they are owed it, but deserve it. It would also show the younger players that we do stand behind our STUDENT ATHLETES. If it's not in your heart to do so, that's okay, but I for one want to thank this group of fine young men for some great memories.

Last edited:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Meh, I do feel bad for them but I'm not going to go watch a dumpster fire for these last two games.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I hold no ill-will against any of the players and wish all of the seniors well. With that said, there is value in time and I'd rather spend the next few saturdays with my kids, doing getting stuff done around the house, etc. than watching us get blown out. Maybe that makes me a fairweather fan, but by the time you get everyone up and going, tailgate, watch the game, then come home you've wasted your whole Saturday is gone. When the games are fun and entertaining, its worth it. When they are awful, you feel like you wasted valuable time.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I feel sorry for the kids...

but as soon as the game goes south in the late 2nd/rd quarter...people will bail (ones that show). This coaching staff deserves nothing more than a flaming bag of poop on their doorstep.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Nice job OP, and you're right. I hope everybody shows up just as if we had a winning record. I really can't believe some of the other ******** on this board. You're only going to show up if we're guaranteed a win? **** off. Go cheer on the Hawkeyes ********.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Nice job OP, and you're right. I hope everybody shows up just as if we had a winning record. I really can't believe some of the other ******** on this board. You're only going to show up if we're guaranteed a win? **** off. Go cheer on the Hawkeyes ********.

Guaranteed a win? I'd be happy to hold the margin to 20 points. Think about that - a 20 point loss is now considered a "close" loss.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

Yep were the only fan base in America that doesn't support a losing team. Seriously, look across the country in week 1 and lots of BCS stadiums were empty. Our stadium sold out coming off a 6-7 record and blowout loss in a crappy bowl game against lowly Tulsa.

Seriously, dont call our fans crap. Even the hardcore fans reach a point where enough is enough. I feel bad for the kids and players but come on, the product on the field is a dumpster fire. We were 1-5 and sold out against Oklahoma State only to get blown out and embarassed at home. I could keep going but dont question this fan base and their support of ISU football. Nobody wants to waste an entire saturday watching a team getting blown out. Its not even competitive.

One more note-look at teams with awesome records headed to great bowl games (Baylor for example) and they still cant fill there stadium. Lots of empty seats when we played top 20 Texas Tech.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

I know the Hawkeyes are playing Purdue but do you really think that is a guaranteed win for them.....

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Were you at Okie St game? To post flaming fans for not supporting the team (or worrying that they won't) is ****ing ridiculous.

We've won 1 game this year and gotten curb-stomped a lot. The amount of support is astounding, if you ask me.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We'll be there. If the boys are on the field or on the court, our butts will be in the seats. And just like last Saturday in Manhattan, we'll be there until the final tick of the clock.

Some of you sound awfully entitled to me. I hope that those of you who won't "stick around for a blowout" don't have kids that play in sports...you may find yourselves "wasting" a lot of good time.

Reactions: TXCyclones

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Were you at Okie St game? To post flaming fans for not supporting the team (or worrying that they won't) is ****ing ridiculous.

We've won 1 game this year and gotten curb-stomped a lot. The amount of support is astounding, if you ask me.

I made it through the 3rd quarter.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Yep, because that's exactly what we are all saying. I'd go if I had any inclination it would be a competitive game. Based on the entirety of this season I have no reason to think that'll be the case. I could spend my entire day in Ames, watching us (most likely) get killed and come back having wasted my whole day. Or, I could get up, do some laundry, play with my kids, watch as much of the game as I can stomach, and go on about my day being constructive and putting my time to good use.

There is value in time and at some point it doesn't make sense to either hike your kids out in the cold weather or pay a babysitter, all to spend hours in the car to go to a game that isn't worth watching. It's a cost/benefit analysis just like anything else. Is the cost of going (both monteary and time-wise) worth the benefit (watching us most likely get killed). For me? Meh.

Again, nothing against the seniors and thanks for the memories. But there isn't enough time a week to justify sitting there and watching this trainwreck unfold.

Last edited:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Yep were the only fan base in America that doesn't support a losing team. Seriously, look across the country in week 1 and lots of BCS stadiums were empty. Our stadium sold out coming off a 6-7 record and blowout loss in a crappy bowl game against lowly Tulsa.

Seriously, dont call our fans crap. Even the hardcore fans reach a point where enough is enough. I feel bad for the kids and players but come on, the product on the field is a dumpster fire. We were 1-5 and sold out against Oklahoma State only to get blown out and embarassed at home. I could keep going but dont question this fan base and their support of ISU football. Nobody wants to waste an entire saturday watching a team getting blown out. Its not even competitive.

One more note-look at teams with awesome records headed to great bowl games (Baylor for example) and they still cant fill there stadium. Lots of empty seats when we played top 20 Texas Tech.

I didn't call our fans crap. I called the ******** who say they'll only show up in good time ********. **** 'em; we don't 'em. And you sure as hell don't build a solid program with no support. Recruits see how a team is supported in bad times and in good times. I hate how badly the season has gone as much as anyone. I was in Lubbock, and Waco, and was back in Ames for the Texas and Iowa games. I hope that our seniors are supported on their last home outing by the same number of fans that showed up for UT.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't understand the ripping of people for not wanting to waste time any money on this crap. Don't blame any of you if you don't. Why complain about these people? We probably broke a college football record for number of fans watching a 1-11 team this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron