Would You Rather Beat Iowa or Michigan???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who would you rather beat? Iowa, or Michigan?

• Iowa

Votes: 73 24.0%
  • Michigan

Votes: 231 76.0%

• Total voters

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Two solid Big 10 teams coming to Hilton before Christmas. If you had the choice of beating one or the other (and only that choice), who would it be? Our in-state rival who looks like they have a legit top 25 team this year? Or a legit top 10 Michigan team, with Rashad Vaughn and Dickie V in the house?

Love to win them both, obviously. Will be tough without Ejim for one or both of them. I think a win over Michigan would have a greater impact on the program with national recruiting, so if I had to choose, I'd choose a win over Michigan.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Nobody will care if we beat Iowa outside of the state. Beating Michigan will cause some eyes to be raised and top 25 votes to come our way. Plus recruiting exposure in the state of Michigan.

Also, when the tournament resume's come up, beating Michigan likely is going to be a better win than Iowa.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Michigan and it's not even close. Only reason to say Iowa is so we don't have to listen to those mouth breathers talk about how they won for another year.

Last edited:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
This is like asking if you want to make out with Kate Upton (michigan) or some drunk sorority girl who just got done puking all over herself (iowa)...........while being filmed so everyone knows about it.

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I don't see why this has to be "either-or". Let's spank both of them.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Michigan would be a much bigger win, but I live in Eastern Iowa and don't want to hear about Iowa beating the clones for a whole year again.