10 thoughts on ISU's exhibition win over Augustana

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Good write up. I love that basketball is back. I thought SDW looked very solid. I have noticed a huge improvement on his shot too. More arc, better spin and. He's holding the follow through longer. It's no secret that SDW is a player I am high on. Going forward do you see SDW continuing to get 15+ minutes per game?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I can deal with the "point of emphasis" as long as the officials make it a "point of emphasis" to hold Kansas and Okie State to the same standard as the rest of the league.

Reactions: necromancy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can deal with the "point of emphasis" as long as the officials make it a "point of emphasis" to hold Kansas and Okie State to the same standard as the rest of the league.

100% chance OK State will be held to the same standard. 0% chance KU will be. In fact, OK State may get it worse than us if the JHawks are having a good year.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Even though it was a slow game, our conditioning looked good. Totally dug KJ's block on the attempted late game dunk attempt.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

That really is the test. It'll be great if uniformly enforced, but could be a great way to favor the 'name' teams as well.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Great comparison Kane to Stinson, Chris. I know it's just one game, but that is the first thing I thought of as I was watching him.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I found it disappointing that there were no dunks. Had the opportunity for some, Gibson could have thrown one down on a sick pick and roll pass from Morris, but layed it in nice and sweet

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
That really is the test. It'll be great if uniformly enforced, but could be a great way to favor the 'name' teams as well.

My guess is it will be uniformly enforced until conference play begins, then it will be back to usual. Hand-checking was a point of emphasis a couple of years ago, and after being called at the beginning of the season, it mysteriously disappeared once conference play began.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I like the Kane/Stinson comparison, but I was thinking Kane reminded me of a more talented Jake Anderson. Lots of heart there... good rebounder, tough as nails.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Honestly I liked the officiating. IF (and that is a huge 'if') they keep calling it like that I think it is likely to really benefit us.

Iowa State's default has never been handchecking. I still have my doubts we'll see this go into the league play though. The powers that be will ***** too much.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
Honestly I liked the officiating. IF (and that is a huge 'if') they keep calling it like that I think it is likely to really benefit us.

Iowa State's default has never been handchecking. I still have my doubts we'll see this go into the league play though. The powers that be will ***** too much.

Yes, can't wait to see how many game-deciding hand check fouls we see in the last sixty seconds of a tight game.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
2hfhr0m.jpg

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I wouldn't jump off the 3 point bandwagon just yet. If I'm remembering correctly, last years team was awful in the early games from behind the arc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron