If Mess is OC next year, will you buy football tickets?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

If Mess is OC, will you buy football tickets next year?

• No. I am tired of this and will send a message.

Votes: 105 40.5%
  • Yes. I support Mess as OC.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yes. I will support the team regardless of OC.

Votes: 152 58.7%

• Total voters

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We cannot afford an offense that drags the whole team down. We are now scoring fewer points per game since 2007.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Are there people out there that actually base their ticket purchases on who is the OC of the team?

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Are there people out there that actually base their ticket purchases on who is the OC of the team?

My parents have had season tickets since '92. Now that my sister is graduating in December and moving away from Ames, making a 497 mile drive from Indianapolis on Fri. Night/Sat. Morning is a whole lot easier when your team is competitive, especially considering they have no extra incentive (family) in the area. Donations + tickets + travel costs + time is a big deal.

Growing up, we made the trip from CR, KC and they've since moved around since I was done @ ISU, but Yes, even die-hard ISU alums may be willing to spend their $$$ on something else that they can receive as much or more return for their entertainment spending.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I have a hell of a time tailgating with friends, taking in the whole event, that the play on the field doesn't matter too much to me about season tickets.

On the other hand, poor play will affect us going to KS and KSU for away games, trips to bowl games, potentially upping our contribution to the Cyclone Club, etc.

The two are not driven by the same thing.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Well, I am taking the family to DW next year, so the money I would spend on 4 lower level fb tickets would pay for one of us to go. Still got to keep the cyclone club donation going for my mbb tickets. Hell, I'll probably do all of it.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

It is a stretch but if I didn't live in Ames(which I do) or central Iowa I would seriously consider dumping my season tixs if nothing changes. And I frankly wouldn't blame people.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I only base my ticket buying on who the trainers are so we'll have to wait a little bit................

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I think CPR knows that this offense needs different leadership. If he doesn't then it was a decent run coach.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I don't give a **** who the OC is, Lazard and Mister are worth watching

Bundrage is worth watching as well, just not when he's on an offense who can't get him the ball. Lazard isn't going to be that big of a game changer, unless he can block, play QB and catch the pass he just threw.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I supported ISU long before Rhoads, Pollard, or Messingham and I will continue to support ISU long after they are gone. I don't go to the games because of the coach on the sidelines nor the results on the scoreboard. I go because I support Iowa State University and the boys on the field.

End of story.

Reactions: CycloneBax