Only 1-7 team with no pressure on the head coach

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I don't remember being this ****** about an ISU team, 3 blowout losses with nothing to point your finger at for improvement. This team is getting worse, someone pull me from the cliff...

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm still pro CPR. Next year will be the deciding year...if we continue to put out an embarrassing product then it will be time to take a long look at the program.

He can win some goodwill back by canning Messingham's a**

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Why dont you just go back to UNI and root. We are having a bad year with key injuries to our players who are B12 caliber and everybody has to have the blood of coaches. Some fans are just plain sickening. I understand wanting a winner but think about where we are at, where we have been and what we should have to look forward to. Too many posters sound like a bunch of crybabies.

Reactions: Aclone and InCytful

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
But our schedule will get easier starting with Kansas State (scratch that) I mean TCU! The teams that have beat us are 17-5 in the Big 12!

I hate this argument. The reason teams we've played have such a good record is because they've played us. That is literally free W's for them and inflates their win total

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Why dont you just go back to UNI and root. We are having a bad year with key injuries to our players who are B12 caliber and everybody has to have the blood of coaches. Some fans are just plain sickening. I understand wanting a winner but think about where we are at, where we have been and what we should have to look forward to. Too many posters sound like a bunch of crybabies.
I've been a season ticket holder sin 2000 and I have never seen a worse team in that time, even under Chizik

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
If CPR doesn't make some big changes then his seat will get hot. Have to think this is an aberration, but if he is too proud to can some coaches and get some help on offense he will seal his fate.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I've been a season ticket holder sin 2000 and I have never seen a worse team in that time, even under Chizik
So that allows you to **** and moan about the team. I have been a fan since 1982 and lived through Donnie Duncan, Jim Criner, Walden... We have a coach who is committed to us and willing to stay if he can get it turned around. He has been to bowl games 3 out of 4 years and has exorcised many demons we have had for years. How about cutting him some slack and let him do his thing. As I said, TOO MANY CRYBABIES ON THIS SITE.

Reactions: CycloneVet

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
I hate this argument. The reason teams we've played have such a good record is because they've played us. That is literally free W's for them and inflates their win total

As do I, which is why I was sarcastically posting that. I have been laughing at that argument for the past month when posters claimed we were ahead of the "bottom feeders" such as KSU/WV/TCU because "look at our schedule!". I've consistently said all season we are right at the bottom with Kansas this year.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I don't remember being this ****** about an ISU team, 3 blowout losses with nothing to point your finger at for improvement. This team is getting worse, someone pull me from the cliff...

Just stop. Guys are beat up and have lost confidence. It is a free fall, it happens. I am watching individual play of our young guys and they are getting better. Take away dumb plays (holding calls, bad throws etc.) By freshman and we have a game. Tribune is looking so much better. He is going to be good. Wimberley, a healthy Richardson x2, and a full line we should win this game. This year will pay dividents in experience for a lot of young guys. We are not as far off as many want to say. I know **** about basketball but I know football and these guys will be good in the years to come. I would put money on it. I am excited about the future and I hope all you naysayers give up your season tickets so I can imoprove my lot to watch some great cyclone football in the years to come.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't know what Rhoads' future holds, but if he is fired at some point in the future then Pollard should not participate in the hiring process as his resignation should be filed alongside.

No AD deserves two mulligans on the hiring a head football coach.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Pull you from the cliff? Hell, I'm jumping with ya. Worst offense I've seen in years.

I agree re Offense...This is the worst offense I have seen in over 50 years, its even worse, and I mean a lot worse than the Walden Wishbone/ Option Offense.

This MESS of a Coordinator needs to be fired on the plane ride back from West Virginia!

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
There is no excuse for this season. I was feeling sorry for them earlier but not anymore. The team has no redeeming qualities.

The play calling is at best amateurish, there is no identity or discernible scheme.
The QBs are clueless.
The receivers are horrible.
The field kicking is comical (as usual), good thing it doesn't affect the outcome.
They're not physical (hey Paul, when do we start hitting guys coming off the bus?)
They play slow.
They play scared.
They play stupid.

Paul will keep his job but other than that, they need to burn it down.