UNLV loses to Dixie State

topgun

Sep 27, 2012
Ames
UNLV just lost their exhibition to Dixie State

"@JonRothstein: Final: Dixie State 71 UNLV 70. College basketball. Where the unexpected becomes the ordinary."

Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein)

sorry don't know how to embed tweets

Last edited:

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Can't believe Vaughn wants to play for that crap. Dave Rice is the Scott Drew of the west. Good recruiter, terrible coach. I could only imagine what Fred could do with that type of talent.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Careful! We were laughing at K State before the UNI game too...

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Mid major team is a mid major team is a mid major team. What a joke UNLV is. It would have been nice to have Vaughn at that game and hear the coaches try to sell him to UNLV after that performance.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Wrong sport, genius.

Yeah, except we are playing a team on Sunday that was up by 5 against Arizona with 10 minutes to go (according to Niang) without our best player. Talk **** at your own risk.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
While this certainly isn't a good sign for them it doesn't mean its the end of world. Syracuse lost an exhibition game when they had Wesley Johnson and went to the Sweet Sixteen. However, they don't have a hall of fame coach like Syracuse did.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
In order of likelihood.

1. Dixie State beating UNLV
2. Dixie State actually being a college
3. Dixie State being from Utah

I can't believe any of those 3 are true, but they all are.

MrAugustana

Oct 31, 2013
Yeah, except we are playing a team on Sunday that was up by 5 against Arizona with 10 minutes to go (according to Niang) without our best player. Talk **** at your own risk.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what he was talking about there. They had us pretty well handled most of the 2nd half. Maybe he meant the 1st half?

On the plus side for you guys, we're playing without our starting small forward due to injury, and our starting power forward quit the team 5 weeks before the season started. And our first-off-the-bench power forward quit this summer to pursue med school at Yale. Probably good for him, but a bummer for us.

Against Arizona we started 2 true freshmen, 2 true sophomores, and a senior who wouldn't be starting if our sophomore power forward hadn't quit a few weeks ago. In fact, we have one senior on the entire roster, and the only junior who played real minutes last year is the injured small forward. You guys will be taking on a roster made up almost entirely of true freshmen and sophomores. Some of them are very talented, but we have a really young team this year.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
My Dixie Wrecked.
i-see-what-you-did-there-tobey.jpg

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Can't believe Vaughn wants to play for that crap. Dave Rice is the Scott Drew of the west. Good recruiter, terrible coach. I could only imagine what Fred could do with that type of talent.

Careful with that. Next it will be "Can't believe Lazard wants to play for that crap" and then where would we be?

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what he was talking about there. They had us pretty well handled most of the 2nd half. Maybe he meant the 1st half?

On the plus side for you guys, we're playing without our starting small forward due to injury, and our starting power forward quit the team 5 weeks before the season started. And our first-off-the-bench power forward quit this summer to pursue med school at Yale. Probably good for him, but a bummer for us.

Against Arizona we started 2 true freshmen, 2 true sophomores, and a senior who wouldn't be starting if our sophomore power forward hadn't quit a few weeks ago. In fact, we have one senior on the entire roster, and the only junior who played real minutes last year is the injured small forward. You guys will be taking on a roster made up almost entirely of true freshmen and sophomores. Some of them are very talented, but we have a really young team this year.

Thanks for your analysis. We lost our first team all big 12 power forward for 4-6 weeks. It will definitely hurt. We should have enough athleticism and shooting for it to not make a difference in this game. But it will effect our rotation, which hopefully won't effect team chemisty because they were used to him in that position.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron