New beagle pup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Adorable as crap.

Prepare for yelping. Lots of yelping. Hopefully you are lucky and she's quiet.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The beagle that I had was awesome. After about two years. Up until then, she was a monster too.

ours is 13 now, a lot slower and grayer these days.........he is half border collie so he starts off with the beagle yelp then cracks into the collie bark. It's pretty funny. He certainly got into his share of trouble in his younger days :) Winnie is a cutie patootie, I'm sure you'll have just as many good times with her as with your old friend.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm still waiting for my boxer to chill out. She over two now.

She's pretty good when it's just me, but when other people are around she gets excited as crap. Also horrible on the leash.

Reactions: cyclonesurveyor

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

She's pretty good when it's just me, but when other people are around she gets excited as crap. Also horrible on the leash.

of the dogs my family has had, our lab/possible pit bull mix has been the worst. She chewed through two outside internet cords. In a month. She just had SO much energy, even on a farm you couldn't wear her out.

Talking to my mom tonight though - my brother has a husky. Woke up at 3am the other night to eyes in his face, so he punched. It was his dog! We don't know if the dog was secretly planning to kill my brother in his sleep or if my brother had been sleep talking (very common for him) and the poor dog came over to see what his buddy was up to, haha.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO

ours is 9. she is slowing down a bit and has some minor health issues. but she is always excited as crap when someone enters the house. period. and she farts a lot. you would think her name was Walter.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Congrats!

I will now enter my shameless plug for the American Foxhound. Looks like a beagle, but about the size of a dalmatian. Our little guy (well...if a 70 lb dog can be 'little') is 8, still a bunch of fun, good with the kids (Foxhounds are pack dogs and it's easy to join his pack)...his naps are much longer than when he was a pup...a good walk around the neighborhood will put him out for a few hours, when it used to take a long walk thru the woods.

OK, I'm rambling, congrats again.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Congrats!

I will now enter my shameless plug for the American Foxhound. Looks like a beagle, but about the size of a dalmatian. Our little guy (well...if a 70 lb dog can be 'little') is 8, still a bunch of fun, good with the kids (Foxhounds are pack dogs and it's easy to join his pack)...his naps are much longer than when he was a pup...a good walk around the neighborhood will put him out for a few hours, when it used to take a long walk thru the woods.

OK, I'm rambling, congrats again.

We have one of those along our walking trail. He does look like a huge beagle with a deep howl.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
We brought a puppy home from the pound about 7 months ago. She is a terrier mix with a goatee and a natural Mohawk. It was love at first sight...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
of the dogs my family has had, our lab/possible pit bull mix has been the worst. She chewed through two outside internet cords. In a month. She just had SO much energy, even on a farm you couldn't wear her out.

Talking to my mom tonight though - my brother has a husky. Woke up at 3am the other night to eyes in his face, so he punched. It was his dog! We don't know if the dog was secretly planning to kill my brother in his sleep or if my brother had been sleep talking (very common for him) and the poor dog came over to see what his buddy was up to, haha.

Maya has given me the cold nose to the face wakeup call before. I didn't punch her though.!